Any way to prevent retina scaling from affecting performance?

I’ve noticed that if I scale my monitor resolution down (in mac os settings) coronas performance takes a big hit.  Mac OS has a little warning about this in it’s settings.  Is there any way to prevent this or at least detect it and run windowed mode if the user is scaling their screen.  It wouldn’t be obvious to many people to scale their screen down in order to improve performance.  does corona have the ability to adjust the resolution of the OS like I’ve seen with other desktop games?  Would be great if we could adjust the user to their unscaled resolution and then return them to whatever they were at previously.

I’m curious, what resolution are you scaling down to when you encounter these problems?

if you look at the first screenshot i have my macbook pro resolution scaled all the way down.  when i run the game this way i hear my fan spinning and my laptop works really hard.  even when the game is in windowed mode.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-05-at-9-41-13-PM.png

if i put it on the default then i dont have any of those issues

Screen-Shot-2019-12-05-at-9-41-24-PM.png

Is your app running full screen or in a window at fixed dimensions?

My desktop apps run in fixed dimensions and I do not notice any performance issue (even on a 2012 MacBook Pro).

Dave

i have it running windowed on fixed dimensions. when i make the window full screen the frame rate drops and my computer heats up. this doesn’t happen when i don’t do the retina scaling stuff (look above)

My apps disable full screen mode to avoid the issue you’re experiencing.

some people like to play games full screen