App crashing from low texture memory? Only 9.7 mb.....

Hi I have a small problem. I have a free app that I use to monetize with ads and in app purchases. I have only one in app purchase which saves the app as a pro version, and at purchase time closes/removes any ads. My problem is that when I try to remove the ads my app crashes. Using adb I can see that the warning is that I am using too much texture memory. Through the texture memory info api I found that I’m only using 9.7 mb texture memory! My phone is an Optimus 2X Tegra dual core so that cannot be the “real issue” can it?. The problem occues when I call fullscreen:hide() on RevMob fullscreen unit. However adb says that it is trying to LOAD fullscreen.jpg at that time rather than remove it…

This happens only with RevMob… does anyone have any suggestions?

Also: tapfortap.removeAdView() does not seem to work and I do not get any error messages with it either

Hi @Into-It Games,

Since this appears to be a RevMob-related issue, I’ve moved the topic to this (RevMob) sub-forum. If you’d like to also post about your issue with Tap for Tap, please do so in that forum for the best response: http://forums.coronalabs.com/forum/606-tap-for-tap/

Thanks,

Brent

Actually, I’ve been having the exact same issue with RevMob.

I managed to “fix” the issue by doing some memory management, clearing some display objects here and there and reducing image qualities where I could,  but I knew I was nowhere near my texture memory limit so I just kinda accepted my fate.

However, this fix would only cause the app to crash less. So what I ended up doing was, instead of preloading the ad, i just used their RevMob.showFullscreen() call and it seems to be working now.

Hi @Into-It Games,

Since this appears to be a RevMob-related issue, I’ve moved the topic to this (RevMob) sub-forum. If you’d like to also post about your issue with Tap for Tap, please do so in that forum for the best response: http://forums.coronalabs.com/forum/606-tap-for-tap/

Thanks,

Brent

Actually, I’ve been having the exact same issue with RevMob.

I managed to “fix” the issue by doing some memory management, clearing some display objects here and there and reducing image qualities where I could,  but I knew I was nowhere near my texture memory limit so I just kinda accepted my fate.

However, this fix would only cause the app to crash less. So what I ended up doing was, instead of preloading the ad, i just used their RevMob.showFullscreen() call and it seems to be working now.