App rejected, ITMS-90809

So rejection being pushed back to December 2020 was obviously a lie by Apple.

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - New apps that use UIWebView are no longer accepted. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability.

I’ve read the other warning threads. The app uses only two plugins, SplashScreen and QR Scanner. The latter doesn’t use UIWebView. No Appodeal or ads at all.

Before I on a hunch update Corona SDK and therefore also XCode and therefore also OSX version with GB of download and backup first at hours of cost to my employer: Will updating to the latest Corona version fix this? (In other words, was this ITMS code addressed in a recent build.)

Is this a new app or an update?

December 2020 is about updates only.

Can you not install a daily build along side whatever version of Corona you are currently using?

Takes 2 mins and you can then build using that and determine if it’s resolved in the daily version?

I have the same problem:
ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - New apps that use UIWebView are no longer accepted. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview).

Corona version 2020.3583

I use the function “system.openURL()” to open web pages, perhaps it is for this function or for the ads of appLivin?

Anyone know why is this issue?

Does the ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage error happen during a Transporter Upload to iTunesConnect? Or only when you Submit to Apple?

during a Transporter Upload to iTunesConnect

I just built my latest Beta game for iOS distribution using build 3600 and successfully used Transporter to send it to iTunesConnect.

Can you confirm 100% this problem is preventing you from uploading your build? And if so, can you do a global non-case-sensitive search through your code for “webView”?

Once TestFlight says my app is available, my next step is to verify that system.openURL(url) is working on this Beta version.

I can verify that system.openURL is still working in my latest Beta build for iOS distribution, installed through TestFlight.

I have tried without using system.openURL (), but the problem continues, same error message.

Is it possible that you are using Appodeal? Can’t find it now but I remember that WebView problem being mentioned related to that plugin.

I’m using Applovin

So, does the deprecated UIWebView relate to the native.newWebView in Solar2D? Can we still use native.newWebView, and if not what is the alternative? We are not using Applovin or anything similar. We are just calling newWebView through our app. Thanks!

Anyone knows how to fix this problem? I’m using Admob plugin… is it related? what should I do?

UPDATE:
I update my Corona build to the latest Solar2D build (2020.3601) and the problem got fixed!

Hi,I use the 2020.3601 version of solar2d,but the warning still exists, how should I address the issue?we don’t have any premium plugins.

Do you upload your .ipa file with Application loader or with the new Transporter?
I asks because I used the same version of Solar2d as yours, upload with Transporter and no warning :slight_smile:

Hi,
I upload ipa with the application loader.I would try the Transporter to see if it works, thanks alot.

so are you using a webview and still getting Apple approval? If so, which one, not native?

@vlads Do you have any plans to problems(Required plugins for submitting games to game publisher) with ITMS-90809?

• plugin.applovin.paid
  • plugin.fbAudienceNetwork.paid
  • plugin.vungle
  • plugin.unityads
  • plugin.admob
  • plugin.adcolony

I’m working on plugin updates right now.

Thank you for your efforts. :upside_down_face: :100: