App Store version?

I noticed that the App Store version is not current, will this version get updated once v3/v3.1 are released?

If not, what is the idea for those who purchase the non-App Store version, how long will that be supported? Maybe I am wrong, but does not Apple in the very near future require using the Mac App Store for any app? [import]uid: 109677 topic_id: 25942 reply_id: 325942[/import]

Yes, it will be updated.

I figured out how to have one build for both “normal” and MAS so after v3 launches the MAS version should only lag by a day or so (there’s still a tiny bit of manual tweaking that has to happen). Plus however long Apple takes to approve. But in general, both versions should stay pretty much even.

Apple has made no mention that the MAS will be *required* for apps in the future. They are initiating something that will make it easier to install an app you buy through them, but I think them being the *only* way is still years down the road.

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 25942 reply_id: 104996[/import]

Just FYI, the MAS version of CPM (v3.0.1) has been “In Review” for a couple days now. It will be released automatically as soon as Apple approves it.

Other than the delay in waiting for the review the MAS and “normal” versions should stay (pretty closely) in sync from now on.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 25942 reply_id: 108380[/import]