Apple Tax Forms and all the other stuff before lunching..

Hej Guys,

I didnt know where to post this, but here seems the best place so far. If this is off-topic please move, thanks.

So I am finally at a stage in where I can release my game. So far only in the iOS market, but soon for Android as well.

As I am now looing into the release I stumbled upon the Apple Tax Forms you have to flll out before being able to set prices for your app. I am from Germany, so this is another big deal to solve.

But I would love some insights from people that already have done it.

Because this is freaking chinese for me.

Building an app, no problem (thanks to corona) - but setting up Tax Forms is a big mystery to me. 

I tried involving a Tax Attorney but he had no clue what to do either.

Has anybody a clue what to do? Especially coming from another country than the US. And also if you want to release your app worldwide.

Thanks for any hints in advance.

Phil

I’m UK and it’s fairly simple but you need different forms as an individual or company.  If you don’t fill the forms in correctly app stores will withhold an extra 30% and pay that to IRS.

Hej. thanks for your reply.

I am an individual and then probably pay taxes in Germany I assume? 

Did you involve a lawyer somehow? ( I wouldnt know why, but then again I am new to publishing anything )

The form is not that complicated, no lawyer required.  I would assume Germany has a reciprocal tax arrangement like the UK does with American.

I’m UK and it’s fairly simple but you need different forms as an individual or company.  If you don’t fill the forms in correctly app stores will withhold an extra 30% and pay that to IRS.

Hej. thanks for your reply.

I am an individual and then probably pay taxes in Germany I assume? 

Did you involve a lawyer somehow? ( I wouldnt know why, but then again I am new to publishing anything )

The form is not that complicated, no lawyer required.  I would assume Germany has a reciprocal tax arrangement like the UK does with American.