Application Loader sees my mac app as 'greyed out'

I’ve done the routine stuff…got a mac dev’ cert

Downloaded the distribution provisioning profile, and dragged it onto Xcode app icon (apparently that works as a way of installing it)

Done the corona build, selecting that provisioning profile. Build goes fine. There’s my app on the desktop with its shiny icon. 

So, we come to submitting for review. Everything’s there, just need to upload the binary using Application Loader…and, it’s ‘greyed out’ in the file selection box. So, clearly it’s not happy about something. Any suggestions on what I’ve missed, or done wrong?

Answers on a postcard to…

Chief Nitwit, NitWit inc

You could try dragging the app to the Application Loader icon (but it probably just wont let you drop it).  See if anything gets logged to the system Console when you try this (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app)

Can you try loading the app onto a device with Xcode?  It wont work (because you can’t install apps with distribution profiles on local devices) but it might give some hint about other potential issues.

You could try dragging the app to the Application Loader icon (but it probably just wont let you drop it).  See if anything gets logged to the system Console when you try this (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app)

Can you try loading the app onto a device with Xcode?  It wont work (because you can’t install apps with distribution profiles on local devices) but it might give some hint about other potential issues.