AppLovin plugin needs to be updated

@Scott_Harrison Please help.

I do not think the age restricted flag is working because I just had an app removed for Inappropriate Ads and I set the flag as indicated in the docs. I also double checked and I have also opted out of “Dating Ads” and “Mature Audience Ads” for the app in the Applovin portal.

Do we need to Set age restriction just once as you show in the “init” phase or every time an ad is loaded?

It should only be one time, I just added a new API, applovin.showDebugger() which you can use to double-check age settings.

When you call applovin.showDebugger() it will show a popup in your app showing stats

Looks like so

Will add to docs in a bit

If it was taken down from the Play Store, it could very well be that everything is working fine with the Applovin plugin. I had an app pulled for displaying an ad for the Wish shopping service that was showing a pair of running shoes.

If your app has a “Content Rating” of “OK for Kids” in the ERSB, PEGI, etc. ratings, that seems to be what Google bases their advertising reviews on, regardless of what you have your “Target Audience” set as, and the criteria Google uses for ads that can’t be shown to children has some real head scratchers- like shopping services.

Once upon a time I got 3 apps removed from Google Play. As a result, my account was terminated for life. Is the situation still precarious on Google Play? 3 apps removed, followed by account termination? :exploding_head:

@Scott_Harrison I get the popup “MAX Mediation Debugger” but I just get a spinner and nothing ever loads into it

@Scott_Harrison Please help.

I just had another app removed by Google for Inappropriate Ads and I set the flag as indicated in the docs to applovin.setIsAgeRestrictedUser( true ). Also the applovin.showDebugger() shows nothing in the popup.

I used solar2d build 3661 and tried the app on a device running Android 10 and Android 4.4.2
Terminal shows plugin.applovin (SDK: 10.3.1)

Did the Google violation notice include a screenshot of the ad that they found to be in violation of their policy?

@colinmorgan
Yes… Here it is.

I am not sure what is going on then. I am working on a complete new Solar2d specific plugin for Applovin using the newer apis that might fix some of the issues you are experiencing but still in the middle of development on it. I don’t have ETA. You might reach out to Applovin in the mean time though

According to Applovin’s documentation, the setIsAgeRestrictedUser flag is a privacy setting, not a content filter.

Even if it was acting as a content filter as well, the documentation says the flag marks the user as being under 16, and the ad Google flagged is rated 12+, so having that flag set wouldn’t prevent AppLovin from serving that ad.

Have you gone through your Max Risky Content settings and unchecked all the boxes? If so, then you shouldn’t be getting gambling ads and you should definitely talk with them about it.

@colinmorgan
Do you know if the apps listed under the AppDiscovery section in the AppLovin portal affected by the Max Risky Content settings?

I’m afraid I don’t.