AppLovinMax and Admob -- Issue

I’ve included AppLovinMax in one of my games. Previously Admob was my monetization network. But I have this problem: when I made the build and i open the game, it crashed and doesn’t open.

My subtable ‘applicationChildElements’ in build.settings:

applicationChildElements = {

[[
              <meta-data android:name="applovin.sdk.key" android:value="myAppLovinSdkKey"/>
          ]],
}

The strange thing is that when I include the element corresponding to Admob, the build doesn’t crash when you open it, like the following:

applicationChildElements = {
          [[
              <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.APPLICATION_ID"
                         android:value="myAdmobAppID"/>
          ]],
          [[
              <meta-data android:name="applovin.sdk.key" android:value="myAppLovinSdkKey"/>
          ]],
}

I really don’t understand why this is happening. The element corresponding to Admob should not be there, since Applovin is now the mediator for ads

Does your Applovin MAX mediation setup include Admob as one of the adaptors?
If so that would be why you still need the Admob meta-data entry in your build.settings.

That’s the point. My game don’t need the entry for Admob because AppLovin include it, but If I remove it, the app doesn’t open, it simply crash when you try to open it, no dialog is shown, it just doesn’t open.

If you have anything that uses AdMob, you need you to have your AdMob ID in the build.settings file. (We’ll leave google-services.json out of this discussion, since it is likely irrelevant.)

Great … thank you @colinmorgan

Yes, if your mediation is using admob provider, you should include that meta-data lines in the config for both iOS and Android

1 Like