more or less as in the title, I’ve just tried to run a couple of apps in the iOS simulator, and no way:
if commanded from the Corona simulator build -> open in XCode iOS simulator, the process never ends
if I select “show in finder” and then manually copy the app to the simulator, I get it in the (simulated) device, but it does not work.
I just get a quick image of the … looks as the icon … and then nothing. In the system log I can read:
… Program specified by service does not contain one of the requested architectures: …
That does not look like the issue, though, as the Corona simulator build log show compiling for i386, x86_64, and then universal binary.
I have purchased the splash screen plugin. Only suspicious message I’m getting is about the “iphone.plist.UILaunchStoryboardName or … UILaunchImages” being needed.
Is this the case? May that be the cause of the failure to launch?
What if I ignore the splash screen altogether?
(in an actual device they work fine, btw, at least with iOS 9.3)
You will with 100% certainty have to have UI launch images, either via the static method or the storyboard method (recommended). Apple will reject you without it.
However, this should not prevent you starting up in the Xcode simulator. I have seen it take a very long time to start up the Xcode simulator from the Corona simulator. It basically has to boot up a whole iPhone OS. You might want to try and start it in Xcode, then have Corona build and install to it.
You will with 100% certainty have to have UI launch images, either via the static method or the storyboard method (recommended). Apple will reject you without it.
However, this should not prevent you starting up in the Xcode simulator. I have seen it take a very long time to start up the Xcode simulator from the Corona simulator. It basically has to boot up a whole iPhone OS. You might want to try and start it in Xcode, then have Corona build and install to it.