Are Corona Simulators based on servers?

I read that Hmtl5 support is goal project for web based games but couldn’t you base a Corona Simulator on a server and then run games from that?

I’m not sure what it is that you are asking. The Solar2D simulator is not based on any server.

Just like how Android and iOS builds need to be run on their respective platforms, the HTML5 builds need to be run on servers. Again, I don’t understand what you are asking, but if you want to dynamically run Solar2D projects on a server then you could do something like:

Solar2D projects on a server- yes and are there simulators already on servers?

There is no engine to simulate or better yet the engine is part of the export. You just need a webserver that renders javascript and HTML. So yes there are a million servers ready to run the HTML

Like @agramonte said, all you need to run a game built using Solar2D is a modern browser, e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc. The Solar2D Simulator is only needed to build the games with. They are just on the developers’ devices and they are not found or needed on any servers.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.