Arrgh! Why is this happening? Buttons turn black when tapped

I have a game app with various buttons. Some are textOnly, some are images. In the simulator these work as expected.
However, when I generate a build for Android and run it on devices, when I tap the buttons (doesn’t matter if they are images or textonly), the button turns black, so essentially becomes invisible or very difficult to see (depending on the scene background.
It’s almost like a mask is turning on but then not turning off (and for the record, I am not using any masks on these…)
I was THIS close to releasing, but am unsure why it works great in the simulator and not on actual devices.
Has anybody run into this before? Or know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!

If you can put together a sample project there is a chance that we could see the issue.

Thanks for the response. I will try to do that, but here is another clue based on an experiment I just tried…
These buttons normally load a modal overlay scene (which is just a confirmation that the action was taken for the button that was tapped). When the overlay is dismissed, the buttons are black. If I remove the call to load the overlay, the buttons do not turn black.

Ah ha! It always helps to talk it out.

I have a solution, although it feels kludgey to me, at least it will suffice for now. I added:

composer.recycleOnSceneChange = true

to the overlay scene’s create event, and now the issue has been solved.

Does this perhaps mean that the overlay scene was not being disposed-of properly by my original code?

It could. I can’t say anything without seeing the code but maybe you forgot to properly add those buttons and their display groups to the main view. Again, it’s not easy to say without seeing the code.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.