We have been working hard for the past 5-6 months on a game that will launch around August 2012 (universal app for iOS).
Forgive us for not revealing much about the game yet as we are still busy refining some stuff and trying to stretch the capabilities of Corona. We can, however, introduce the stars of our game.
Thank you for the compliment We had some extra time to spare with the characters because of Corona’s quicker development cycle!
Atomic Frogs is a casual game that incorporates physics with platformer elements. We are also implementing some features that (I THINK) haven’t been used yet in games done with Corona so that’s something to look out for
Here is another teaser screenshot. Seems like I can’t embed the image, so here’s the link instead. It hints at what the Atomic Frogs are looking for in the game:
I’m not too sure - what do atomic frogs look for? I notice the subtle radioactivity symbol in the name. Plutonium? Haha. [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 28364 reply_id: 114909[/import]
Watched the trailer, looks really fun! I especially liked the water flow effect. How this will come to android as well:) [import]uid: 164950 topic_id: 28364 reply_id: 117435[/import]
Again, thank you for the wonderful feedback Compliments like these motivates us and makes us forget that we have been working 19-hour days for the past few months haha (coz I have a full time job and an 11-month old daughter to babysit lol).
@dingo thanks man! I guess the trailer has shed some light to the “pond” assessment haha
@intoitgames will definitely launch on android and maybe other platforms, but that’s after the iOS launch. Where possible, we use real world physics on all aspects of the game. Even if the water itself is only the end animation for a completed level (for now), we just had to implement the code for the flow and buoyancy. Hope you guys appreciate the amount of detail we put in, and at the same time test Corona’s capabilities
@RSCdev thanks man! Will work round the clock to (hopefully) get the game out this August
BTW, has anyone tried to embed a video on the forum page? [import]uid: 157257 topic_id: 28364 reply_id: 117462[/import]
RE embedding videos, you can’t yet - sorry - one of these days forum will be updated, I swear! [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 28364 reply_id: 117523[/import]
Ok I find myself wanting to post. I am so NOT an Angry Birds fan nor do I enjoy any games that mimic it. I find them mindnumbingly boring (no offense to those whom love those games!).
I’m only sharing that opinion to contrast my next statement. Watching the trailer of the actual game play, it looked fun and engaging. I find myself really wanting to play this.
Good luck and great job on everything! Hope you clobber Angry Birds right out of the top ten. lol [import]uid: 56820 topic_id: 28364 reply_id: 117757[/import]
==> Hope you clobber Angry Birds right out of the top ten. lol <==
Man that’s gonna be really really really tough haha, but if that happens that would be quite a story to tell Thank you anderoth for your optimism, it really made my day!
Hi guys sorry for the delay but it seems likely that Atomic Frogs will be launched in October
The core game is stable, but we still need to create a decent amount of levels for the initial release so that you guys won’t feel short-changed It roughly takes about 6 to 8 hours to design, create and fully test a single level.
It’s also worth mentioning that we are releasing a free version with totally different levels apart from the tutorial levels in chapter 1.
We also integrated Game Center with shared hi-scores and achievements between the free and paid versions. So to get the highest score you need to play both versions haha!
So for now, here are some of the cool contraptions and objects that you can expect to see in Atomic Frogs. If you would like to suggest other contraptions for future releases please do so, feedback and suggestions are always welcome
While walking home from work, I saw another spot to take a photo with the frogs. So here’s teaser #2. Can you guess what the Atomic Frogs are searching for?
Hi guys sorry for the delay but it seems likely that Atomic Frogs will be launched in October
The core game is stable, but we still need to create a decent amount of levels for the initial release so that you guys won’t feel short-changed It roughly takes about 6 to 8 hours to design, create and fully test a single level.
It’s also worth mentioning that we are releasing a free version with totally different levels apart from the tutorial levels in chapter 1.
We also integrated Game Center with shared hi-scores and achievements between the free and paid versions. So to get the highest score you need to play both versions haha!
So for now, here are some of the cool contraptions and objects that you can expect to see in Atomic Frogs. If you would like to suggest other contraptions for future releases please do so, feedback and suggestions are always welcome