Auto-Add

I don’t seem to be able to get auto-add assets to work at all. I tried turning it on for a couple of folders that had files in them already, but nothing happened. I tried emptying the folders and then adding the files again, using copy and paste, but still nothing. I tried turning on auto-add for the project and adding the extensions, but still no go. Some of the files in one folder are .pshs (SpriteHelper) - the rest are .png, and both the files in the other folder are .plhs (LevelHelper). Would this have an effect?

I’m running CPM version 2.8.0 (3) on Lion 10.7.2, on a MackBook Pro.
I watched the tutorial video on this and followed the instructions, but I’m still buffled.
[import]uid: 10614 topic_id: 19000 reply_id: 319000[/import]

CPM doesn’t search down through folders to add files unless that folder is included as an asset for a project. CPM is project-based, not hard-drive based, so it doesn’t care what your directory structure looks like, it just checks the base folder and whichever folders you have specified as assets.

Could the problem be that you’re wanting it to add files that are in folders not included as assets?

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 19000 reply_id: 73445[/import]

Got it thanks, the folder was included in the asset list. But I was using an external editor, so when I double clicked on the folder name in the asset list, it opened a Finder window, and I just thought I must have clicked somehow on the Finder window I used to drag the files into the real folder on my disk. I’m using a macbook pro with the touchpad so mistakes like that happen from time to time.

Could you make it so the contents of a folder in the asset list is also opened within the asset list pane, even if the app settings specify using an external editor for source files? I had assumed that would only apply to a text editor, so I wasn’t expecting a finder window to open.

Nick

[import]uid: 10614 topic_id: 19000 reply_id: 73468[/import]

Ah, the old “double-click the folder” bit. :slight_smile: Yep, that’s a bug that should be fixed in the upcoming 2.9 release. Sorry for that!

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 19000 reply_id: 73567[/import]