Autocomplete with Atom won't work

Hello!

I’m new to using corona and I am trying to get the autocomplete to work in the Atom editor. I have installed both the corona and the Lua-language packages according to the setup guide but it is still not working. Having autocomplete would help a lot while learning.

Have anyone else encountered this problem?

I’m on a 2018 Mac mini i5 32GB ram running MacOS Mojave 10.14.3

Corona build is 2019.3468

Atom version is 1.34.0 x64

Thanks!

edit: No one has any help to offer? Is Corona being abandoned!?

Well, hello! Glad to meet a martyr! :smiley: Just a tip, don’t. Also, when you need to bump your posts, create a new reply because editing your old posts doesn’t change the thread’s last update date.

The reason why I, and I’m guessing many others didn’t reply originally is because I’m using Atom with autocomplete-corona 1.1.4 and language-lua 0.9.11 almost every day and I have been doing so for years and I have never had any problems with either.

There shouldn’t really be anything that can be messed up in the installation. Either it succeeds or it doesn’t. Go check your settings and packages that autocomplete-corona is there and that it isn’t disabled. Also, make sure that you are working with .lua files.

I have rechecked and reinstalled several times but every time I get the same result on my Mac and on my Windows PC, both packages  are installed and active but no autocomplete.

I looked through Atoms grammar settings and the Lua one is there and is selected, there is no corona grammar to select in that list (should there be?)

Again, excessive and perhaps unnecessary repetition, but are you working with .lua files?

i.e. is the file that you are writing code into something like myfile.lua?

yes I’m writing code in the main.lua file, atom shows that it is using the Lua grammar (lower right corner)

the code works fine and corona simulator shows the game ok (just trying to provide with details in case they help figure this out)

In that case, I have no clue as to why it isn’t working for you. I am currently running Atom 1.31.1 and I have no issues.

Hello again!  :slight_smile:

I eventually got it working, after quite a bit or searching I finally found this:

" In version  1.1.4  the syntax for which the plugin will work on this is not specified; you need to go to the plug-in folder for Atom and find the plug-in folder  “autocomplete-corona”  and find the  “main.coffe”  file in the lib folder ( C:\Users\USERNAME.atom\packages\autocomplete-corona\lib) and in this file, change the line “packageDeps.install()” to “packageDeps.install(‘language-lua’)”"

just in case someone else is having the same issue.

Well, hello! Glad to meet a martyr! :smiley: Just a tip, don’t. Also, when you need to bump your posts, create a new reply because editing your old posts doesn’t change the thread’s last update date.

The reason why I, and I’m guessing many others didn’t reply originally is because I’m using Atom with autocomplete-corona 1.1.4 and language-lua 0.9.11 almost every day and I have been doing so for years and I have never had any problems with either.

There shouldn’t really be anything that can be messed up in the installation. Either it succeeds or it doesn’t. Go check your settings and packages that autocomplete-corona is there and that it isn’t disabled. Also, make sure that you are working with .lua files.

I have rechecked and reinstalled several times but every time I get the same result on my Mac and on my Windows PC, both packages  are installed and active but no autocomplete.

I looked through Atoms grammar settings and the Lua one is there and is selected, there is no corona grammar to select in that list (should there be?)

Again, excessive and perhaps unnecessary repetition, but are you working with .lua files?

i.e. is the file that you are writing code into something like myfile.lua?

yes I’m writing code in the main.lua file, atom shows that it is using the Lua grammar (lower right corner)

the code works fine and corona simulator shows the game ok (just trying to provide with details in case they help figure this out)

In that case, I have no clue as to why it isn’t working for you. I am currently running Atom 1.31.1 and I have no issues.

Hello again!  :slight_smile:

I eventually got it working, after quite a bit or searching I finally found this:

" In version  1.1.4  the syntax for which the plugin will work on this is not specified; you need to go to the plug-in folder for Atom and find the plug-in folder  “autocomplete-corona”  and find the  “main.coffe”  file in the lib folder ( C:\Users\USERNAME.atom\packages\autocomplete-corona\lib) and in this file, change the line “packageDeps.install()” to “packageDeps.install(‘language-lua’)”"

just in case someone else is having the same issue.