Automatic Transitions - Any Way Control Them?

So I create something using the timeline in Composer GUI and it automatically runs when the scene is loaded.

Is there a way to specify “Don’t play on load” as well as, “Play now” etc?

And especially needed, is there an onComplete available for the timeline-based transitions?

Jay

Seems like that would be useful. Now how would you represent that in the Timeline UI? 

Alternatively, it might be easier to have an API to load/play “clips” (as opposed to loading an entire scene)?

As far as the UI goes, next to the lock and the eye, put a little running man icon, Click it and a “no” bar goes across it. So the transition will either run on load, or not.

The in code you just need to be able to trigger that created transition. You could make it similar to the sprite stuff, but I think under the hood it’s more of a transition, yes? So maybe add transition.play() and the obj you pass in is the obj with the GUI-created timeline stuff. That would also allow you to put an onComplete in that call.

For a timeline transition that auto runs, maybe have it trigger an event when it’s done, playcomplete – then I can add an event listener for that event if I want to do something when it’s finished.

Jay

Reading your reply again, yes, a clip API would be interesting. And it would open up the idea of “prefabs” to Corona. So instead of the timeline animations being an actual part of the scene, they are separate, but in the scene. 

Or keep to just like it is GUI-wise, but allow the timeline animations to be called at any time with an API call (transition.play()?) – that might be cool. Set up different animations (even off screen) and then move them into place and trigger them when you want.

So much more potential than just an “auto run” when the scene loads. :slight_smile:

Jay

Seems like that would be useful. Now how would you represent that in the Timeline UI? 

Alternatively, it might be easier to have an API to load/play “clips” (as opposed to loading an entire scene)?

As far as the UI goes, next to the lock and the eye, put a little running man icon, Click it and a “no” bar goes across it. So the transition will either run on load, or not.

The in code you just need to be able to trigger that created transition. You could make it similar to the sprite stuff, but I think under the hood it’s more of a transition, yes? So maybe add transition.play() and the obj you pass in is the obj with the GUI-created timeline stuff. That would also allow you to put an onComplete in that call.

For a timeline transition that auto runs, maybe have it trigger an event when it’s done, playcomplete – then I can add an event listener for that event if I want to do something when it’s finished.

Jay

Reading your reply again, yes, a clip API would be interesting. And it would open up the idea of “prefabs” to Corona. So instead of the timeline animations being an actual part of the scene, they are separate, but in the scene. 

Or keep to just like it is GUI-wise, but allow the timeline animations to be called at any time with an API call (transition.play()?) – that might be cool. Set up different animations (even off screen) and then move them into place and trigger them when you want.

So much more potential than just an “auto run” when the scene loads. :slight_smile:

Jay