Background screen won't fit the tv

Hello guys!

I’m starting with Corona and tvOS… so I am still a bit confused about a few things…

For instance… tvOS and screen size. For what I know, appletv HD is default 1920x1080.

So at my code I set background as:

(main.lua)

local background = display.newImageRect( “background.png”, 1920, 1080 )

background.x = display.contentCenterX

background.y = display.contentCenterY

And its configuration:

(config.lua)

application =

{

content =

{

fps = 60,

width = 1920,

height = 1080,

scale = “letterbox”,

xAlign = “center”,

yAlign = “center”,

imageSuffix =

{

["@2x"] = 2,

["@4x"] = 4,

}

}

}

But what I get is the image smaller than the screen… leaving blank spaces around the image.

What am I doing wrong? It presents the same result both on the simulator and the atv4 device.

Thanks for the help!

You’re probably running into TV overscan. Do you notice it with other tvOS apps?

Rob

Hi Rob! Hello! Not really… but the thing is that the simulator is also showing the blank side blocks :slight_smile:

Other tvOS apps look just fine =)

Am I doing the right thing above? The images have the correct sizes / resolution?

Thanks so much!

Here’s a snapshot:

https://ibb.co/eko6Yw

The background image has 1920x1080

And its code is:

local background = display.newImageRect( “background_start.png”, 1920, 1080 ) --1920, 1080

It stays the same when uploaded to atv4

Yea, that all sounds like it should be right. What simulator are you running it in to get the screen shot?

Hi Rob! The simulator is Corona’s simulator =)

You’re probably running into TV overscan. Do you notice it with other tvOS apps?

Rob

Hi Rob! Hello! Not really… but the thing is that the simulator is also showing the blank side blocks :slight_smile:

Other tvOS apps look just fine =)

Am I doing the right thing above? The images have the correct sizes / resolution?

Thanks so much!

Here’s a snapshot:

https://ibb.co/eko6Yw

The background image has 1920x1080

And its code is:

local background = display.newImageRect( “background_start.png”, 1920, 1080 ) --1920, 1080

It stays the same when uploaded to atv4

Yea, that all sounds like it should be right. What simulator are you running it in to get the screen shot?

Hi Rob! The simulator is Corona’s simulator =)