Bad experience with RevMob revenue

OK,

So I read how great RevMob revenue was around the forums, and I decided to implement it in my game.

I had low expectations nevertheless, but reality hit me hard.

Screen_Shot_2013_05_04_at_11_12_47_AM.pn

BTW, I contacted a RevMob representative and he told me there were nothing wrong with my data.

Finally I have to say that they were very fast and kind answering my emails, so I give customer service a 10/10.

You are not alone, how about this:

Day Impressions Clicks Installs IR CTR eCPM Revenue 2013-05-05 3,237 551 5 0.91% 17.02% $0.05 $0.17

5 installs, $0,17

ads that make you rich :wink:

And with more and more free apps, you can do everything without paying for anything. But I don’t get how even a small studio can be sustained by free apps with ads with these revenues. I guess we are part of a big app bubble. Although nobody knows who will create the next doodle jump.  :wink:

If you want some interesting reading, I leave you this … http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/appsblog/2012/jun/13/brutal-truth-most-apps-fail

Quote from a successful developer with Revmob (eiswuxe)

constant downloads + high replay value = a constantly growing “daily-user” base
That’s “all you need” to make money with ads. So it’s not just about the downloads / sales, but about making your users get back to your game as often as possible.

How much installs (from ads) do you need if they pay you $0,02 per install :rolleyes:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jan and I work for RevMob.

I would like to remind everyone to update your apps with Corona 1076 or above 1096 for paid users and our 5.2 SDK since tracking methods are changing due to Apple’s new non-UDID policie and old versions will affect your eCPM in a negative way.

If anyone have more questions feel free to contact me directly at jan@revmob.com or publisher@revmob.com

Thanks,

Jan

RevMob

Hi Jan:

I just update my apps by SDK 5.2.0 with daily 1100 , is this ok? Is Android need to do this job?

2 week ago , I update all my app with SDK 5.1.0 .

after apple release my app one by one , my income (iOS) also down by down .  eCPM form $ 2.xxx down to $0.9x

It is really bad… 

May I ask a question . the data of this chaos period can rollback or not ?

Is really 5.2.0 can fix this problem ? I really afraid this case happen again :frowning:

@codingcake This only affects iOS and I’m sure the eCPM will get back to normal once all the advertisers are used to the new tracking methods. Once this adaptation period is over you won’t have to worry about this case.

Thanks,

Jan

Hi Jan:

Because before end of 2013/04  I just update all my iOS apps with sdk 5.1.0

The iOS installs form 40 daily down to below 10. 

I can make sure some user still install app via my app but the installed data can not match with my account in server.

So if some installed iOS app data mismatch in this adaptation period .

Would them will come back or just miss forever.

Br

I feel like revmob is screwing us on this. They are charging the advertiser, we are showing free ads. Revmob is collecting on all the $$ without paying us for our efforts. And they blame it all on us not having the latest update for the week…

I think it is too serious to say revmob screwing us .

But Apple ban UDID is really impact for a lot of advertiser  , I hope revmob can keep all data in this period . after this adaptation period is over , their can fix these miss match data.

But I think even we use the latest SDK , it would not cover  very soon .

I just use the latest sdk 5.2.0 and corona daily build .

I find the Revmob show me the App that I have installed . after I update them and play them .

It show the new app. But after I install them and play them . they still not show up on dashboard . and Revmob still give me the ads that I have install and play …

So I think it may take more time to over come the this adaptation period. 

Just hope them keep all data in this period and take some action to recover this .

@syoes I understand your frustration but keep in mind RevMob charges it’s advertisers by install so if we are not able to track them we are also not making money. We don’t blame it on the developers at all but if old Corona Builds do not comply with Apple’s new policies there is nothing we can do from our side. We prepared for this shift collecting different tracking besides UDID before the beginning of this year but Corona unfortunately started doing this two days before the actual deadline (May 1st).

@codingcake The delayed installs have not been processed yet.

Thanks,

Jan

[quote name=“jan75” post=“179923” timestamp=“1368038030”]@syoes I understand your frustration but keep in mind RevMob charges it’s advertisers by install so if we are not able to track them we are also not making money. We don’t blame it on the developers at all but if old Corona Builds do not comply with Apple’s new policies there is nothing we can do from our side. We prepared for this shift collecting different tracking besides UDID before the beginning of this year but Corona unfortunately started doing this two days before the actual deadline (May 1st).     @codingcake The delayed installs have not been processed yet.   Thanks, Jan[/quote] Ok I have 5.1.0 running in a live app ( in the store ) As per revmob’s request and no installs. Are you telling me that they are going to pay us back on installs at a later date? I’ll believe it when I see it.

I hope you have an IAP to remove ads.  Personally I think that’s the only reason to put ads in an app; to have an IAP to remove them.  Otherwise they are just a waste of time and space.

@JonPM
Personally I think that’s a hard lesson to learn, allowing the user to cut off a revenue stream is just taking money out of your pocket in the long run. Unless the user experience is short lived like in utility type apps were the user actually uses the app for a very short time and not very often if at all.

@jan75
Are you saying Revmob only collects money from the advertiser after somebody has downloaded the app, or do you just deduct that amount from the PRE-paid amount.
We’re can I sign up? That sounds like a good deal to the advertiser. They have no responsibility to actually pay.

I strongly disagree.  Especially when you are only getting $0.02 per install??  That same user would have to install 50 apps from within your app in order to make $1, which is a single IAP transaction. 

$0.02 installs are unusual. My eCPM has been pretty constant between $1.50 and $3 since last August. That’s on iOS though - Revmob on Android or Amazon is a waste of time in my experience.

I’m sure the advertisers have to pay up front - i.e. if they pay $1,000 and bid $1 per install, they’ll get 1,000 installs.

Unfortunately it would be hard to argu that when Revmob is so inconsistent, two months ago my apps were making 2-4 per install @ $150 per day. ( That was with some very slow traffic mind you) For the last month or so the installs have ridiculously low @ .01. With ocasional blip of the 2-4 range.
So minus the last month the same user would have to do $3-5 iAP to stay on par during the time of the app.
@nick I’m well aware of the advertisement structure of ppi & ppc.
But it looks like we as developers are getting the very short end of the stick when Revmob is paying us .05 day when the advertiser is getting charged for each install. All do to them not forcing the advertiser to collect the correct data when pulling it from there forwarding S2S link.