Beelly [iOS][Android]

Our third game has now been released on App Store and on Google Play. The game is called Beelly and it’s a game where you tilt your phone to steer the main character.

Game description:

Steer Beelly the bee through the green meadow without hitting anything. That sounds easy right? Too easy. That’s why every now and then the steering changes, right becomes left, and left becomes right. Can YOUR brain handle the constant changes? Most people can’t…

You can check out the release video on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfSHpge0fyo

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1444677406&mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.antisocial.beelly

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Congrats!  You guys are making 12 games in 12 months?  What game number is Beelly?  I’m trying to figure out the best way to hold my iPhone to finesse the accelerometer.   Right now I’m suspending it on 4 fingers - what’s your method?

@sporkfin

Just answered you on slack.
But my tip is to hold it with two hands and just practice. And last but not least, slow movements :slight_smile:

@sporkfin

Forgot to answer your question about 12 games in 12 months. That is correct :slight_smile:
Beelly is number three. First one was SquareSpinner and then we released Zmath.

by far your best game yet. very slick package - I even bought the game! gave you a review and rating 5 star. still so hard - many mobile games are too hard for me - maybe thats the way of the world :frowning:

I really like the menu sequence and design - this is the sort of thing I want for my own games. Also you ask for only 1 permission, but my game asks for a bunch - I have no idea why - I will have to check - I’m pretty sure it only does IAP, leaderboard, and ads like yours - strange. I think it might be the reason I am getting lots of downloads but no one is playing :frowning:

You should offer players a reward for say completing 20 turns without dying… something in the hyper causal world would term as “fever mode”.

This should visually change the world (red and black works well) and give the players 2x for say 10s

Wow, thanks for the nice feedback and that you bought the game :smiley: Nice news waking up to :smiley:

The balance between too hard and too easy is kind of hard to find. I kind of wanted this game to be hard too. Because you don’t just want to fly and fly and think it too easy. Beelly was actually released in 2014 (I think) on iOS, built using Cocos2D. But I completely rewrote the game in Corona for this challenge. In the previous version, the tunnels was 20px narrower :stuck_out_tongue: So it was even harder that time.

The game is designed by my partner, and I’m really happy about it. Maybe too flat to be a game, so I might add some more visuals.

Only 1 permission sounds almost weird. I thought it would ask for more.
How does your build-file look like? (The usesPermissions part)

Hmm, really liked both of those suggestions. Will add them to my “road map” :slight_smile:

Bot sure what the build file is? you mean build.settings?

@joelutting

Correct, I meant the build.settings

Congrats!  You guys are making 12 games in 12 months?  What game number is Beelly?  I’m trying to figure out the best way to hold my iPhone to finesse the accelerometer.   Right now I’m suspending it on 4 fingers - what’s your method?

@sporkfin

Just answered you on slack.
But my tip is to hold it with two hands and just practice. And last but not least, slow movements :slight_smile:

@sporkfin

Forgot to answer your question about 12 games in 12 months. That is correct :slight_smile:
Beelly is number three. First one was SquareSpinner and then we released Zmath.

by far your best game yet. very slick package - I even bought the game! gave you a review and rating 5 star. still so hard - many mobile games are too hard for me - maybe thats the way of the world :frowning:

I really like the menu sequence and design - this is the sort of thing I want for my own games. Also you ask for only 1 permission, but my game asks for a bunch - I have no idea why - I will have to check - I’m pretty sure it only does IAP, leaderboard, and ads like yours - strange. I think it might be the reason I am getting lots of downloads but no one is playing :frowning:

You should offer players a reward for say completing 20 turns without dying… something in the hyper causal world would term as “fever mode”.

This should visually change the world (red and black works well) and give the players 2x for say 10s

Wow, thanks for the nice feedback and that you bought the game :smiley: Nice news waking up to :smiley:

The balance between too hard and too easy is kind of hard to find. I kind of wanted this game to be hard too. Because you don’t just want to fly and fly and think it too easy. Beelly was actually released in 2014 (I think) on iOS, built using Cocos2D. But I completely rewrote the game in Corona for this challenge. In the previous version, the tunnels was 20px narrower :stuck_out_tongue: So it was even harder that time.

The game is designed by my partner, and I’m really happy about it. Maybe too flat to be a game, so I might add some more visuals.

Only 1 permission sounds almost weird. I thought it would ask for more.
How does your build-file look like? (The usesPermissions part)

Hmm, really liked both of those suggestions. Will add them to my “road map” :slight_smile:

Bot sure what the build file is? you mean build.settings?

@joelutting

Correct, I meant the build.settings