Beta Testers Needed Now for v3 of Corona Project Manager

Since there are major changes in CPM v3 I’d like to get a few more beta testers. This is a *real* beta version so you need to be responsible to backup your own stuff (and be able to restore) in case of some kind of problem.

I’m using v3 exclusively now but I’m willing to work with the problems that crop up - you have to be willing to do that, too. :slight_smile:

Plus, v3 changes the project database so you can’t switch to v3 for a while and then back to v2.x – the older version won’t work after the update (unless you saved a backup of the v2 database and restore it, of course).

I don’t want to make this sound scary, but I also don’t want to hear, “Your app ate my project!” Okay, I *do* want to hear that, I just don’t want to hear, “…and I didn’t have a backup!” :slight_smile:

If you want to live on the bleeding edge, use the contact form here:

http://coronaprojectmanager.com/contact.html

…and let me know these three things:

1. Do you already have a copy of CPM or are you new to it?

2. What version will you be testing, Windows or Mac?

3. That you understand you’ll be using beta software with some bugs in it.

That’s it, and if you’re not comfortable using beta software, no problem, we’re really close to releasing v3 for everyone.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 323434[/import]

just gave it a try. not sure where to post :

biggest problem currently is that finder content is not updated, requires CPM re-start when adding images, clicking on them in preview when changing them.

Other big problem is that editor bug when doing copy/paste is not fixed. [import]uid: 109677 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 105162[/import]

I’d like bug reports for the beta sent directly to me: j@jawhye.com

Remember, CPM projects are NOT Finder-based. You can drag a folder in to create a project, but at that point it ceases to become anything associated with your hard drive and turns into a CPM project. However, you should be able to set projects and folders to “auto-add” assets that it finds in those locations.

If I could go back and do anything over from scratch I’d make the Project tree different so it doesn’t look like a view into the Finder. Project assets are project assets and the fact that they are (sometimes) objects on your hard drive is just a coincidence. :slight_smile:

Is there a file you can send me that shows the copy/paste bug every time? Or a set of steps so I can duplicate it?

Thanks.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 105259[/import]

Whats going on with CPM? I’ve been evaluating the free version and now I get bouncing beach balls all the time and the site is down. Its been like this for days now, is it still around? [import]uid: 58885 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 113920[/import]

Yesterday I moved all my accounts/sites from one server to another. It was supposed to be “seamless” with no interruption, but apparently that didn’t happen.

*Everything* was down for about 12 hours – not days. It seemed like “days” to me as I was scrambling to get it all up again, but it was just part of a single day. :slight_smile:

However, CPM is supposed to work fine even if the server is down – and while my testing did verify that, I’ll look at those routines again. Especially the ones that are unique to the free version – I didn’t test that yesterday during the outage so you may have found something new.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 113927[/import]

Darn it! When I went to bed last night everything was back to normal, but I just checked and something is wrong again! Argh!

Note to self: Never move servers until catastrophic failure, because you’re gonna be @#$%%ed either way.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 113929[/import]

I never saw it go back up, I tried early yesterday and again this morning and the site was still down and the Free version rendered useless. That’s why I was asking about the paid version b/c I’d just pay to have it work again (regardless of the state of the site). Not even sure if that’s an option since the site is still down. Guess I’ll just wait until you get things with the new server sorted out. [import]uid: 58885 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 113931[/import]

A weird side effect seems to be that now while CPM has been down, trying to build directly in Corona Simulator is somehow messed up - all my builds end up without assets (in my case sound files). Is there some reference file or such in the library that can be deleted for this to be cleared? I have a deadline tomorrow, and have missed two days work trying to figure these glitches out, and need a “quick fix” badly… [import]uid: 113930 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 113936[/import]

Neither Publish nor Launch “phone home” or have any connection to the server at all, so if you’re having trouble doing a Build I doubt it’s related to the current server problems.

As far as beach balls in the free version, (5 minutes later…)

I just installed the free version of CPM to see if I could duplicate the problem and it worked flawlessly – because I just got an answer from the server company saying they fixed the problem. D’oh!

So the sites are back up and any lag in CPM should be gone.

I *will* be looking at what caused the beach balls because the idea was to create CPM in such a way that if I got hit by a bus and all my sites went dark forever, CPM would continue to work as normal. The free version checks for new ads every few minutes but it’s supposed to do that in a separate thread so that it doesn’t impact the UI. Apparently I need to kick that a little harder.

Jay

[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 113959[/import]

@Jay no worries, its up and running now (sans beach balls) yay. Now that its working I turned off my wireless connection to see if I can replicate the issues I was seeing and it didn’t do what its been doing for the past couple days. Maybe the beach balls came when it saw an internet connection but just kept timing out when loading the ads maybe??? [import]uid: 58885 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 113962[/import]

Yeah, that’s how I tested it originally – shut off my connection and it worked fine. Apparently when there’s a round trip to a server that “doesn’t exist” there’s something different going on.

I’ll be poking at that over the next few days to figure out how to fix that problem.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 113963[/import]

+1. Verified from me too… When I didn’t have any connection, pas de beach balls. Connection on = plenty of ballplay.

Good luck! [import]uid: 113930 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 113965[/import]

Also I get this error when trying to use the Code Generator:

MBS REALbasic Plugins

This application uses unregistered plugins from Monkeybread Software. Please visit our website at www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic and register the plugins. Thank you. (Controls: LineControl, Process ID: 72986) [import]uid: 58885 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 114093[/import]

This application uses unregistered plugins from Monkeybread Software.

Darn it! That popped up during beta-testing but I thought I beat it into submission.

Despite what it says, all controls used in CPM have been purchased. I pay several hundred dollars a year to stay “legal.” :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report, I’ll poke at it some more.

Jay

[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 23434 reply_id: 114112[/import]