Beta version inoperable?

The theory, at least, was to try out the beta version and make sure my (basic) code was working with whatever was there on the lime side in terms of improvements.

1. Lime files are in the project base directory along with the rest of my code.
  2. worldmap.tmx is XML format and in the project base directory.

local lime = require ("lime") local testmap = lime:loadMap("worldmap.tmx")

“attempt to call method ‘loadMap’ (a nil value)”

In fact, none of the functions in lime.lua work.

I took a quick look at lime.lua and don’t see anything particularly wrong, so baffled as to why this is nonfunctional in any of the Corona SDK daily builds. (Also baffled why package.seeall is being used, but I assume that will be fixed in the “real” 3.5?)

Ideas? [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 23602 reply_id: 323602[/import]

Try replacing the colon in lime:loadMap with a period like this:

local lime = require ("lime") local testmap = lime.loadMap("worldmap.tmx") [import]uid: 129287 topic_id: 23602 reply_id: 94654[/import]

I would HIGHLY recommend NOT using Lime right now. Lime is extremely slow and laggy with phones and tablets and is currently not optimized well. If you need to use a level creator, use Level Helper.
Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios [import]uid: 29181 topic_id: 23602 reply_id: 94655[/import]

Does Level Helper do tiles? All I can see is sprites, and I’m not willing to fork over $20 on a “maybe”.

In any case as you can read above the entire topic is not about the 3.4 public version.

Dr.Mabuse: In the 3.5 version he converted all .functions to :functions - it’s very visible in lime.lua for the Oct 3.5 build. In any case, neither works. [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 23602 reply_id: 94659[/import]

I checked out Level Helper and it definitely is missing too many key components to use as a tile solution. It’s a nice sprite-based system though.

Guess it’s time to see if I can bug Glitch Games about beta access to the 2012 version of 3.5… [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 23602 reply_id: 94888[/import]

I also tried running the beta and ran into the same issue. I messed with it for a few but didn’t have any luck.

Are the changes that were announced a week or two ago going to be going up with this build? I know imagesheets sound like they’ll be amazing. [import]uid: 114566 topic_id: 23602 reply_id: 95317[/import]

Looking through the lime code, I’d imagine we’d have to have the new version of Corona in order for this to work for us. I noticed in the code for creating a new tile they are using imagesheets which will be implemented in the next build of Corona from my understanding. [import]uid: 114566 topic_id: 23602 reply_id: 95318[/import]

imagesheets are currently in the daily builds; I’m using them right now on my own.

Talking to Glitch Games, here’s how you fix my original problem.

1. Remove whatever include line you were using for Lime.
  2. Use this instead: require ("lime")

I have no idea why that works. In any case, it just gets you past the first bug. There’s another one that’s preventing things from working; I’ll post again when I have an answer to that. [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 23602 reply_id: 95353[/import]

Ok so here are some things that will help:

First as stated above:

require( “lime” )

rather than: local lime = require (“lime”)

local map = lime:loadMap(“whateveryourmapnameis.tmx”)

– Create the visual
local visual = lime:createVisual(map)

– Build the physical
local physical = lime:buildPhysical(map)

for animated tiles, for example the player:
player:setSequence(“anim” … player.state)

in Tiled make sure you add the property sequenceData to the animated tile,
then the value for it for example:

[{“start”:3,“time”:5000,“name”:“animIdle”,“count”:2},{“start”:5,“time”:5000,“name”:“animJumping”,“count”:1},{“start”:1, “count”:2, “name”:“animWalking”,“time”:500}]

Thanks to Graham for this info.

Hopefully this helps!
-Winter

[import]uid: 58922 topic_id: 23602 reply_id: 95592[/import]