Black screen

Hi,

i just finished my first application and tried to install it on a Samsung phone.

At launch, the Solar2D screen appeared but immediately the screen went black.

I read in the forum of various people who had the same problem, but the answers did not make me understand how to find the cause of the problem.
Everything seems to be in order.

How can I debug the application on Android?

Here you are!
Device Debugging — Android
Solar2D Documentation — Developer Guides | Basics (coronalabs.com)

1 Like

You’ll definitely want to learn to debug on a device, but just in case this is related, I’ve had the issue a few times but only for live builds, and when it does happen it’s always an issue with the app not having permission to access device storage. Once the option is enabled manually under Permission then it works fine.

@Kan98 Thank you! I succeeded to use the debugging software but I don’t understand how to show you the catlog!
As far as I understand the only thing which could be the cause of the black screen is the command “mobdebug.LuaLoader”. Is that right?

You should download “adb” and connect usb debug, run “adb logcat Corona:v *:s” in command prompt .

For black screen has many causes for that, as Juni said above I often have it during Live Build and also some errors about image not found (wrong name or path but on simulator it still works).

@Kan98 I did so, but, as I said, the only strange thing was “mobdebug.LuaLoader”!

I have never used “mobdebug” in solar2D, maybe your problem is that, can you check to remove it when you test it on a real device?

1 Like

@Kan98 The “mobdebug” was the cause of the black screen! I removed it and now everything is ok! Thank you very much for helping with the debugging.