Blank black screen when trying to build a Corona Card iOS project.

As requested started a new thread. I am using the template.

2015.2731 of Corona Cards iOS – The only version you can download for the trial.

xCode 7.2

iOS 10.10.5

I get the following error and a black screen at launch in the emulator. Don’t see any other errors.

2016-01-21 15:27:58.370 test32[43548:8563323] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IOHIDLib:  dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IOHIDLib, 262): no suitable image found.

Also noticed that the documentation says to use:

echo “Copying Corona assets”

ditto -V $PROJECT_DIR/Corona “$TARGET_BUILD_DIR”/"$EXECUTABLE_FOLDER_PATH"/Corona

but the template uses:

echo “Copying Corona”

ditto -V “$PROJECT_DIR”/Corona “$TARGET_BUILD_DIR/$EXECUTABLE_FOLDER_PATH”/

Unfortunately I don’t know enough about ditto to know which one is correct. 

You can ignore errors like  Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext…  Those are more of a consequence of running app from the Xcode simulator. Are you sure you put license file in your Corona folder?

Check beginning of the console output, or try to run your app on the device.

Sadly same behavior on the device. No. I don’t see the licensing error or warning at the start of the logs (I have seen it before). I also un-zipped the app file and see the folder named “Corona” with the files and the license in the correct location. I am currently installing Xcode on my other Mac to see if it has something to do with this machine. It would be great if it worked. I can use the free version for Android (I make very little money on that platform so using whatever to monetize is fine) and then pay for Cards on iOS so I can use Tapjoy.

On the device this is what I get. Still black screen:

Jan 21 23:34:00 Adrians-iPhone test32[1548] <Warning>: Platform: iPhone / iPhone7,2 / 9.1 / Apple A8 GPU / OpenGL ES 2.0 Apple A8 GPU - 75.10.11 / 2015.2731

Jan 21 23:34:00 Adrians-iPhone test32[1548] <Error>:  SecTrustEvaluate  [leaf AnchorTrusted]

Jan 21 23:34:00 Adrians-iPhone test32[1548] <Warning>: Warning: Attempt to present <CustomAlertController: 0x102045400> on <test32.ViewController: 0x101436f90> whose view is not in the window hierarchy!

Jan 21 23:35:03 Adrians-iPhone test32[1548] <Warning>:  ** -[UIApplication _handleNonLaunchSpecificActions:forScene:withTransitionContext:completion:] ** unhandled action -> <FBSSceneSnapshotAction: 0x10148ad70> {

handler = remote;

info = <BSSettings: 0x10147fa60> {

(1) = 5;

};

}

Ha! I figured it out. I moved the initialize from the viewDidLoad to the viewDidAppear:

override func viewDidAppear(animated: Bool) {

super.viewDidAppear(animated);

let view = self.view as! CoronaView // Force downcast

view.run();

}

This allowed me to see the alert that couldn’t be shown because it was trying to show it before the view had appeared. The alert says that my license has expired. How is that possible? I just downloaded the license. I don’t remember ever using Corona Cards iOS. Is it possible to get another trial license. I don’t even really care if it is 30 days. I just need about 7 days to try this out.

Thank you

Adrian

Just tried a different machine that has never had Corona and an old account that I used when corona api had the limit of two machines. I downloaded the CoronaCards bits and the license and it says that the license has expired. So is there a new trail key somewhere?

Adrian

We removed limit to two machines few weeks ago. About trial period - I can’t really help here. You may try registering new account.

This is exactly what I was trying to say:

1. New machine.

2. New account.

License still says expired after I did the modification detailed above to the template.

I guess I give up. I have never had so much trouble trying to try something I want to buy.

Also noticed that the documentation says to use:

echo “Copying Corona assets”

ditto -V $PROJECT_DIR/Corona “$TARGET_BUILD_DIR”/"$EXECUTABLE_FOLDER_PATH"/Corona

but the template uses:

echo “Copying Corona”

ditto -V “$PROJECT_DIR”/Corona “$TARGET_BUILD_DIR/$EXECUTABLE_FOLDER_PATH”/

Unfortunately I don’t know enough about ditto to know which one is correct. 

You can ignore errors like  Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext…  Those are more of a consequence of running app from the Xcode simulator. Are you sure you put license file in your Corona folder?

Check beginning of the console output, or try to run your app on the device.

Sadly same behavior on the device. No. I don’t see the licensing error or warning at the start of the logs (I have seen it before). I also un-zipped the app file and see the folder named “Corona” with the files and the license in the correct location. I am currently installing Xcode on my other Mac to see if it has something to do with this machine. It would be great if it worked. I can use the free version for Android (I make very little money on that platform so using whatever to monetize is fine) and then pay for Cards on iOS so I can use Tapjoy.

On the device this is what I get. Still black screen:

Jan 21 23:34:00 Adrians-iPhone test32[1548] <Warning>: Platform: iPhone / iPhone7,2 / 9.1 / Apple A8 GPU / OpenGL ES 2.0 Apple A8 GPU - 75.10.11 / 2015.2731

Jan 21 23:34:00 Adrians-iPhone test32[1548] <Error>:  SecTrustEvaluate  [leaf AnchorTrusted]

Jan 21 23:34:00 Adrians-iPhone test32[1548] <Warning>: Warning: Attempt to present <CustomAlertController: 0x102045400> on <test32.ViewController: 0x101436f90> whose view is not in the window hierarchy!

Jan 21 23:35:03 Adrians-iPhone test32[1548] <Warning>:  ** -[UIApplication _handleNonLaunchSpecificActions:forScene:withTransitionContext:completion:] ** unhandled action -> <FBSSceneSnapshotAction: 0x10148ad70> {

handler = remote;

info = <BSSettings: 0x10147fa60> {

(1) = 5;

};

}

Ha! I figured it out. I moved the initialize from the viewDidLoad to the viewDidAppear:

override func viewDidAppear(animated: Bool) {

super.viewDidAppear(animated);

let view = self.view as! CoronaView // Force downcast

view.run();

}

This allowed me to see the alert that couldn’t be shown because it was trying to show it before the view had appeared. The alert says that my license has expired. How is that possible? I just downloaded the license. I don’t remember ever using Corona Cards iOS. Is it possible to get another trial license. I don’t even really care if it is 30 days. I just need about 7 days to try this out.

Thank you

Adrian

Just tried a different machine that has never had Corona and an old account that I used when corona api had the limit of two machines. I downloaded the CoronaCards bits and the license and it says that the license has expired. So is there a new trail key somewhere?

Adrian

We removed limit to two machines few weeks ago. About trial period - I can’t really help here. You may try registering new account.

This is exactly what I was trying to say:

1. New machine.

2. New account.

License still says expired after I did the modification detailed above to the template.

I guess I give up. I have never had so much trouble trying to try something I want to buy.