Blocking numbers from call/sms

Is there any documentation that anyone can point me to that can help me figure out how an app can block a number from being called or messaged. The idea is the user stores numbers or phone contacts in the app and then the app prevents them from calling or messaging that number. I am wanting to make an app with similar functionality to the drunk dial apps you see getting about, but I want to go a little further.

I guess my first question should be is this even possible with Corona? And if so, does it still work if the app is closed by the OS or user. And what about iMessage on iOS to the number in question (obviously email is a different story). Having said that, can we take it one step further and note only block a phone number from being called/texted, but also block an email address from being emailed/facetimed/imessaged.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. [import]uid: 157954 topic_id: 37131 reply_id: 67131[/import]

If your storing the numbers in your own database you can use lua’s string functions to compare the requested phone number string with any strings contained in your blocked list [import]uid: 84637 topic_id: 37131 reply_id: 145410[/import]

One question I have about your app. Would it need to run in the background then? If so, how do you get it to do that or minimize?

Warren
[import]uid: 184193 topic_id: 37131 reply_id: 145424[/import]

@Danny OK, so I have the compare string to database from within the app down. What I can’t figure out is how to intercept the phone number string from the phones app as a call is being made (or Message app etc)

@warrenwsav That is still an issue I’m trying to figure out. If you have any suggestions I’m all ears! [import]uid: 157954 topic_id: 37131 reply_id: 145459[/import]

If your storing the numbers in your own database you can use lua’s string functions to compare the requested phone number string with any strings contained in your blocked list [import]uid: 84637 topic_id: 37131 reply_id: 145410[/import]

One question I have about your app. Would it need to run in the background then? If so, how do you get it to do that or minimize?

Warren
[import]uid: 184193 topic_id: 37131 reply_id: 145424[/import]

@Danny OK, so I have the compare string to database from within the app down. What I can’t figure out is how to intercept the phone number string from the phones app as a call is being made (or Message app etc)

@warrenwsav That is still an issue I’m trying to figure out. If you have any suggestions I’m all ears! [import]uid: 157954 topic_id: 37131 reply_id: 145459[/import]