Blurred background

Apple TV has a beautiful blurred background when an overlay is shown. For instance when you hold down home button and it asks if you want to put device to sleep. Is there a call to use this same effect with overlays in my app?

Create a snapshot of the screen, drop a Gaussian blur filter on it. Perhaps refresh it each frame if things are changing in the background.

Rob

It doesn’t look like a standard Gaussian blur effect but I’ll see what I can do.  Thanks.

It looks like the “Alert Template” is what I’m after.  Are templates supported?

We don’t support templates.

I don’t believe we support transparent backgrounds either. If we did, you could snag a screen capture, put a huge Gaussian blur on the screen cap to achieve the effect.

Create a snapshot of the screen, drop a Gaussian blur filter on it. Perhaps refresh it each frame if things are changing in the background.

Rob

It doesn’t look like a standard Gaussian blur effect but I’ll see what I can do.  Thanks.

It looks like the “Alert Template” is what I’m after.  Are templates supported?

We don’t support templates.

I don’t believe we support transparent backgrounds either. If we did, you could snag a screen capture, put a huge Gaussian blur on the screen cap to achieve the effect.