I am creating a map and adding a bunch of markers. I supply marker.png, marker@2x.png, marker@4x.png files. On IOS the proper image file is chosen matching the device resolution. On Android however the marker is shown in wrong proportions. I takeaway the @2x & @4x files and all is well but then I’m not using the high resolution marker image which I already have…
API docs say “This will use dynamic image selection.” for the addMarker() so therefore I assume this is a bug. Anyone else observed this one so far?
Just looking for a follow-up on this bug. Not sure if it has been addressed in one of the recent mapview fixes. If not done yet any idea when can we expect this fix? Thanks for your update.
Edit : Just tested and confirmed that this bug is still there. Not a biggie as simply not including @2x and @4x marker files in your project help solve the problem but I would of course like to be able to include better resolution markers when this is fixed so an update on ETA will be most appreciated. Thanks
Just looking for a follow-up on this bug. Not sure if it has been addressed in one of the recent mapview fixes. If not done yet any idea when can we expect this fix? Thanks for your update.
Edit : Just tested and confirmed that this bug is still there. Not a biggie as simply not including @2x and @4x marker files in your project help solve the problem but I would of course like to be able to include better resolution markers when this is fixed so an update on ETA will be most appreciated. Thanks
I also see this problem. I included @2x and @4x map markers and it doesn’t seem to take into account the 1x width/height when doing the dynamic image resolution. It essentially just swaps out the images, but with each image’s own width/height, so my 4x map markers are now gigantic.
One thing I just noticed, though, is that it seems to swap out the images properly on the iPad in the Simulator running iOS 8.1… My iPad3 is still on 7.1 (for testing purposes). So now I wonder if it works in iOS 8 but not 7?
I also see this problem. I included @2x and @4x map markers and it doesn’t seem to take into account the 1x width/height when doing the dynamic image resolution. It essentially just swaps out the images, but with each image’s own width/height, so my 4x map markers are now gigantic.
One thing I just noticed, though, is that it seems to swap out the images properly on the iPad in the Simulator running iOS 8.1… My iPad3 is still on 7.1 (for testing purposes). So now I wonder if it works in iOS 8 but not 7?