Bug: CPM DOA (ie: can't start it up?)

(Once upon a time, after opening the lid…)

-CPM no longer loads, even after a fresh reboot of the laptop. (OSX Lion)
-After sending the error debug if you press “continue” it brings up the error report again.
-After rebooting CPM now only opens the terminal/preview tabs but still has the same behaviour (there’s no chance to choose a project or anything - the app is frozen when it appears)

Printed error message:

code An error occurred with no code or specific message. 0

Please send this information to the developer.
RaiseNilObjectException
cLookForNewProjectAssets.CheckFolders%%o
cLookForNewProjectAssets.Event_Run%%o
threadRun
CooperativeThread[/code]

Contributing factor: Yes, I sync my files with dropbox. [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 20468 reply_id: 320468[/import]

Okay, I seemingly did manage to recover.

1. When it crashed, CPM made “conflicted backups” of four lua files (somehow dated to yesterday?). I renamed them and moved them to a new folder (still in dropbox range).

(Certainly points to some sort of beef between CPM and dropbox, but it’s worth noting that I don’t update source files from another computer. So it’s entirely possible CPM and dropbox got angry about something when I closed the lid at some point in the last 24hours…but the crash and all that…who knows?)

1. I then started up CPM. It took about 10 seconds from “here’s the program” to “it’s not stalled anymore”, at which point all of my tabs from before the initial crash reappeared. (The app is now responsive again) [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 20468 reply_id: 80230[/import]

Glad you got things going again – there is some weirdness when using Dropbox but I’m not sure where it’s coming from. Using Dropbox for source files isn’t “officially” supported with CPM but I’ll be looking into how to make it work more smoothly.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 20468 reply_id: 80241[/import]

Understood. My only real concern is that after a reboot and with dropbox closed, CPM still couldn’t load. I checked the files and didn’t see any junk or anything, so I’m wondering if CPM has some problems with the weird conflict-named files (maybe special characters in the filename?) [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 20468 reply_id: 80278[/import]

If you have Auto Add Assets turned on CPM keeps watch on the specified folder for new assets it should add. If that folder vanishes (turning off Dropbox would count) CPM is probably getting confused.

I’ll see about checking for the folder and then turning off auto-add (for that session) if it can’t be found).

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 20468 reply_id: 80284[/import]

Have anyone solved this issue ? If yes then please give the solutions. I am having the same problem… [import]uid: 170869 topic_id: 20468 reply_id: 121232[/import]

Have anyone solved this issue ? If yes then please give the solutions. I am having the same problem… [import]uid: 170869 topic_id: 20468 reply_id: 121232[/import]