Bug - Dot as word separator - outside lua

I know this has been signalled but no one seems to mention this about how the Corona Editor affects editing in other languages.

Regradless of how corona_sdk_complete_periods is set, the plugin breaks the behaviour of dot as a word separator in other languages, such as python. It does not only break alt/ctrl+arrow keys movement, but also autocomplete. For example, if I define a method foo în python, when I type self.<list autocompletes> I get nothing, because ‘foo’ doesn’t start with ‘self.’. This is horrible to work with and the behaviour CANNOT be reverted by changing any of the settings in the plugin.

The only way to revert this is by removing the plugin and clearing a bunch of cache files Sublime Text stores.

OSX Mavericks, Sublime Text 3 (build 3059)

Fix this please - otherwise the plugin breaks editing for all non-corona projects I’m working on.

I find this too. I’ve just reinstalled Corona Editor SDK to check it and very quickly the same issue has reared its head. 

Running this in the console of the effected panes solves the issue for now:

word\_separators = view.settings().get("word\_separators") word\_separators+='.' view.settings().set("word\_separators", word\_separators)

@laserbeam333 I’ve noticed that I only have this problem (it seems) on one computer and not the other. Out interest, which other packages do you have installed? I’m wondering if it’s an interaction between Corona Editor and another plugin that’s causing the issue.

Between my two computers the packages which I have installed on one machine and not the other are SublimeCodeIntel, LuaDev and SideBarEnchanements (I think the latter, if it is an interaction can be ruled out).

@tap32 I’d have to reinstall sublime again as I have a ton of plugins. But as far as I can remember, when I signalled this bug, I looked at all plugins I had to see which one was causing the issue, and if I can remember correctly, I also tried with just Corona Editor installed. Maybe something else was there, yet I can’t remember.

Unfortunately I have to finish several projects soon and I have no time for editor reinstall and reconfigure.

Best of luck with the projects! I’ve just finished mine, so have a little down time to look into it. I’ve forked Corona Editor, so I might have a tinker and see if I can confirm what’s causing it. 

Though it does look like it might actually be a bug with Sublime itself.

I’ve forked a version of Corona Editor which entirely removes the word_separators issue (the completions seem to work absolutely fine without it). 

You can get it here for now

https://github.com/personalnadir/CoronaSDK-SublimeText

Thanks mate, I’ll check it during the weekend and give you some feedback :).

I find this too. I’ve just reinstalled Corona Editor SDK to check it and very quickly the same issue has reared its head. 

Running this in the console of the effected panes solves the issue for now:

word\_separators = view.settings().get("word\_separators") word\_separators+='.' view.settings().set("word\_separators", word\_separators)

@laserbeam333 I’ve noticed that I only have this problem (it seems) on one computer and not the other. Out interest, which other packages do you have installed? I’m wondering if it’s an interaction between Corona Editor and another plugin that’s causing the issue.

Between my two computers the packages which I have installed on one machine and not the other are SublimeCodeIntel, LuaDev and SideBarEnchanements (I think the latter, if it is an interaction can be ruled out).

@tap32 I’d have to reinstall sublime again as I have a ton of plugins. But as far as I can remember, when I signalled this bug, I looked at all plugins I had to see which one was causing the issue, and if I can remember correctly, I also tried with just Corona Editor installed. Maybe something else was there, yet I can’t remember.

Unfortunately I have to finish several projects soon and I have no time for editor reinstall and reconfigure.

Best of luck with the projects! I’ve just finished mine, so have a little down time to look into it. I’ve forked Corona Editor, so I might have a tinker and see if I can confirm what’s causing it. 

Though it does look like it might actually be a bug with Sublime itself.

I’ve forked a version of Corona Editor which entirely removes the word_separators issue (the completions seem to work absolutely fine without it). 

You can get it here for now

https://github.com/personalnadir/CoronaSDK-SublimeText

Thanks mate, I’ll check it during the weekend and give you some feedback :).

This worked for me on the console.

The first one is because i dont like “-” as word separator so i removed

the second one is with the dashes.

word\_separators = '/\\()"\':,;\<\>~!@#$%^&\*|+=[]{}`~?\\.' view.settings().set("word\_separators", word\_separators)

word\_separators = '/\\()"\'-:,;\<\>~!@#$%^&\*|+=[]{}`~?\\.' view.settings().set("word\_separators", word\_separators)

@R4T0, Sublime lets you set the word separators by going to Preferences > Settings - User. You can see the default setting by looking at the Settings - Default option if you want. Saves you entering it in the console each time

This worked for me on the console.

The first one is because i dont like “-” as word separator so i removed

the second one is with the dashes.

word\_separators = '/\\()"\':,;\<\>~!@#$%^&\*|+=[]{}`~?\\.' view.settings().set("word\_separators", word\_separators)

word\_separators = '/\\()"\'-:,;\<\>~!@#$%^&\*|+=[]{}`~?\\.' view.settings().set("word\_separators", word\_separators)

@R4T0, Sublime lets you set the word separators by going to Preferences > Settings - User. You can see the default setting by looking at the Settings - Default option if you want. Saves you entering it in the console each time