Bug with the basic test file of Dusk

Hey,

I’m very very new to Corona and Dusk, but I believe I may have encountered a bug in Dusk. Here’s the thing: I’ve downloaded the zip archive from the Dusk GitHub repository. Then I simply tried to execute the main.lua file from the Corona simulator and it worked fine. I then tried to double-tap on the screen, as suggested, and I could choose between loading grass_stone.json, everything.json or square_animated.json.

Now the thing is:

-selecting grass_stone.json doesn’t make anything (maybe it’s already the current map ?)

-selecting square_animated.json or everything.json gives the following error:

I’ve tried to explore the explore the tilesets.lua file, but my knowledge of the code is way too poor to understand anything here…

I’m sorry if I’m asking a dumb question. I’m more of a scientist than a developper and I’m just trying to make something of me free time.

Thank you!

Colas

Hi and sorry for not answering sooner.

The version of Dusk on GitHub is not currently maintained. The engine itself works (I recommend older versions of Tiled, though); what you’re seeing is likely an issue with the data exported from the Tiled map itself. Dusk 1.0 is in the works and will be released as soon as beta testing finishes. You can track its progress on the forum post.

• Caleb

Thank you for your anwer, I’ll try Dusk 1.0 as soon as it is released then.

Cheers,

Colas

Hi and sorry for not answering sooner.

The version of Dusk on GitHub is not currently maintained. The engine itself works (I recommend older versions of Tiled, though); what you’re seeing is likely an issue with the data exported from the Tiled map itself. Dusk 1.0 is in the works and will be released as soon as beta testing finishes. You can track its progress on the forum post.

• Caleb

Thank you for your anwer, I’ll try Dusk 1.0 as soon as it is released then.

Cheers,

Colas