Build 2019.3512 collects personal information!

Vlads, I was thinking just doing that.

I will do the test and tell you the result

I have managed to upload using the latest 64bit 3512 & 3516 builds and they are live on playstore without any problems, and my apps is in “designed for families”

it uses exactly the same plugins as you mentioned above also, popup.social, IAP v3 and Admob. 

Not sure where your problem is as the same plugins are working fine for me.

I would still check your code as above on your code you showed to load the banners you load the banner and interstial without the childSafe and designedForFamilies,

this could be a factor especially if your in designed for families?

Also does you apps page have a valid privacy policy? just a shot in the dark

It seems to me if all they are asking is to have a privacy policy, that is the easiest of fixes anyone can do. Simply say you are not collecting any private information, but one of your third-party providers might and link to those third-party privacy policies.

There are tons of places you can find sample privacy policies from and plenty of places where you can have a free web page with a web page builder where you don’t even need to know HTML.

Having a website for your app is almost be a requisite for marketing your app and it’s easy enough to set up a page for your business that shows your apps and then just have a /privacy/index.html page with your policy.

Rob

Hi chris raz, 

If you were kind, can you show me your admob.load() function call?

In Google Play I always had the link to privacy policies configured.

http://www.orangestudios.wirez.com.ar/privacy_policy.html

I don’t know what they think, but I think it would be fine.

Hi @pbozzone0, as per your “load admob code” above you would need to add { childSafe = true, designedForFamilies = true} see below for eg.

if padType == "banner" then -- Banner -- ads.load("banner", {adUnitId=padmobID, hasUserConsent = false, childSafe = true, designedForFamilies = true}) else -- Intersticial -- if ads.isLoaded("interstitial") then ads.show("interstitial") else ads.load("interstitial", {adUnitId=padmobID, hasUserConsent = false, childSafe = true, designedForFamilies = true}) end end 

see the admob load docs for more info

http://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/admob/load.html#childsafe-optional

I dont know if tat will solve your issue but you should not be putting up and app into designed for families without these tags set to true.

Hi, I recompiled the apk with version 3517, uploaded them to Google Play, without changing absolutely nothing of the source code, and now they approved the apk.

In this version of the SDK have you changed anything about it?

Glad to hear good news. No, we did t touch this.

Hello. Are you using any ad plugins? Which plugins are you using?
Also, is it possible to contact Play support asking for details? Like, I don’t even know what is the issue.

Hi vlads, 
Yes, I’m using the admob plugin to show ads.

I’m going to ask the google team for more details

This is the content of my build.settings:

settings =

{

splashScreen = 

{

enable = false

},

android =

{

supportsScreens =

{

resizeable = true,

smallScreens = true,

normalScreens = true,

largeScreens = true,

xlargeScreens = true,

},

– Para habilitar Compras Integradas –

usesPermissions = {“com.android.vending.BILLING”,},  

minSdkVersion = “16”,

largeHeap = true,      

applicationChildElements =

{

[[

<meta-data android:name=“com.google.android.gms.ads.APPLICATION_ID”

android:value=“ca-app-pub-9999999999999999~9999999999”/>  – In my file I have the correct value

]],

},

},

orientation = {default = “landscapeRight”,},

plugins =

{

– enable the admob plugin

[“plugin.admob”] = {publisherId = “com.coronalabs”},

– enable the native.popup.social plugin (for SHARE BUTTON)

[“CoronaProvider.native.popup.social”] = {publisherId = “com.coronalabs”},   

– Para habilitar Compras Integradas –

[“plugin.google.iap.v3”] = {publisherId = “com.coronalabs”,

supportedPlatforms = {android=true}},        

},   

}

I’m pretty sure that AdMob is the issue, but I would suggest contacting Play Support to verify that.

Can you show us your admob.load() function call? There are are parameters needed to turn off collection of data. See:

http://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/admob/load.html#hasuserconsent-optional

Rob

Hello, I have contacted Google Play support but they have not given me an answer yet.

On the other hand, I recompiled the apk with the 2019.3469 version, uploaded it to Google Play, and it has been approved and published.

Conclusion: the problem is with the 2019.3512 compilation.

this is my function:

function libreriasUI:showAdMOB(padType,padmobID)

if padmobID ~= “” then

if padType == “banner” then

– Banner –

ads.load(“banner”, {adUnitId=padmobID, hasUserConsent = false})

else

– Intersticial –

if ads.isLoaded(“interstitial”) then

ads.show(“interstitial”)

else

ads.load(“interstitial”, {adUnitId=padmobID, hasUserConsent = false})

end

end

end

end

Builds after 3497 uses updated AdMob from 15 to 17.

But what is the problem then?

I am using the “hasUserConsent = false” parameter

After the apk with the 2019.3512 version was rejected, I compiled again with the 2019.3469 version, and the latter if they accepted it.

I would be really grateful if you could ask Google Play support what is the problem with your previous upload. We din’t change anything related except AdMob. It’s possible you’re required to add some manifest entry or something similar.

I have already made several queries to the Google Play support team, I have asked for details, but for now they have not given me an answer stating exactly what the problem is.

I am waiting for an answer from my last query.

Rob, Vlads:

I still don’t have a response from Google.

Any suggestions I can try? If I compile the same sources with 2019.3512 it does not pass the approval, if I do it with 2019.3469 Google accepts it.

Roll with3469 then?