Build Error #1 - Flurry Plugin

Getting a [Build Error #1] message when attempting to build with the flurry analytics plugin. If I remove the flurry plugin, everything builds fine.

Corona Version 2019.3516

Windows 10

02:37:31.161  FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

02:37:31.161  

02:37:31.161  * What went wrong:

02:37:31.161  Execution failed for task ‘:App:processReleaseManifest’.

02:37:31.161  > Manifest merger failed : uses-sdk:minSdkVersion 15 cannot be smaller than version 16 declared in library [com.flurry.android:analytics:11.4.0] C:\Users\J.gradle\caches\transforms-2\files-2.1\1668236351809997b8e0b8c9d01b6b8f\AndroidManifest.xml as the library might be using APIs not available in 15

02:37:31.161    Suggestion: use a compatible library with a minSdk of at most 15,

02:37:31.161    or increase this project’s minSdk version to at least 16,

02:37:31.161    or use tools:overrideLibrary=“com.flurry.android.analytics.sdk” to force usage (may lead to runtime failures)

Thanks guys,

JM

@Method Mobile,

Have you tried setting the minSDK to at least 16 in your build.settings as suggested in the log?

02:37:31.161    or increase this project’s minSdk version to at least 16,

For example:

android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET" }, minSdkVersion = "16" },

Hope this helps.

@ Morphous

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

JM

Hello. I’ve updated flurry plugin and as per error, it now requires minSdkVersion to be at least 16
https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/advancedSettings/index.html#android

@vlads

Excellent! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Another options is to force the SDK to 15. Not for the weak but i have not had a problem so far. Add the following to your build file. Edit: Flurry will still not work but it will just fail silently unless you change the debug level.

manifestChildElements = { -- Array of strings [[\<uses-sdk tools:overrideLibrary="com.flurry.android.analytics.sdk"/\>]], },

@Method Mobile,

Have you tried setting the minSDK to at least 16 in your build.settings as suggested in the log?

02:37:31.161    or increase this project’s minSdk version to at least 16,

For example:

android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET" }, minSdkVersion = "16" },

Hope this helps.

@ Morphous

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

JM

1 Like

Hello. I’ve updated flurry plugin and as per error, it now requires minSdkVersion to be at least 16
https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/advancedSettings/index.html#android

@vlads

Excellent! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Another options is to force the SDK to 15. Not for the weak but i have not had a problem so far. Add the following to your build file. Edit: Flurry will still not work but it will just fail silently unless you change the debug level.

manifestChildElements = { -- Array of strings [[\<uses-sdk tools:overrideLibrary="com.flurry.android.analytics.sdk"/\>]], },