Build on device using Live Build

If I’ve already built the app on my device and turned on “Live Builds” Then I close the app, corona & “Live server” window. Can I re-build the app on the device using “Live Server” or do I have to physically plug it in again?

Every build you actually make you have to upload to device. Live Builds is about updating existing build on device using Live Server to synchronize code and assets.

So basically no building over Wi-Fi even if the app is already on the device. 

Live builds point is that you don’t have to make a build. You make a build and you don’t have to make a new one - just start it and it would sync with latest changes to it. You have to make a new build only when you make a config change or add a new plugin.
Live Builds do sync up over the WiFi, this is a whole point of Live Builds. You have to deploy it first.

This feature works over WiFi just fine.  (I’m guessing you’re doing this at home or in a lab at school.)

The only time you’ll get into trouble is if your router blocks the traffic or your PC/Mac has software running that blocks the traffic.

The way this works for me is:

1. Build following live builds instructions.

2. Install app on device.

3. Run app.

4. Edit and save file (in app folder) on PC.

5. File is transferred to device (  PC  ---->  WiFi ----> Device )

6. App restarts.

Every build you actually make you have to upload to device. Live Builds is about updating existing build on device using Live Server to synchronize code and assets.

So basically no building over Wi-Fi even if the app is already on the device. 

Live builds point is that you don’t have to make a build. You make a build and you don’t have to make a new one - just start it and it would sync with latest changes to it. You have to make a new build only when you make a config change or add a new plugin.
Live Builds do sync up over the WiFi, this is a whole point of Live Builds. You have to deploy it first.

This feature works over WiFi just fine.  (I’m guessing you’re doing this at home or in a lab at school.)

The only time you’ll get into trouble is if your router blocks the traffic or your PC/Mac has software running that blocks the traffic.

The way this works for me is:

1. Build following live builds instructions.

2. Install app on device.

3. Run app.

4. Edit and save file (in app folder) on PC.

5. File is transferred to device (  PC  ---->  WiFi ----> Device )

6. App restarts.