Building on Mac - Mojave

Hello,

I just bought some very old Mac mini (early 2011) and Im trying to build on it for iOS.

OS version Mojave 10.14.4
Xcode 11.3.1

(This is supposed to be latest Xcode version I can get on this OS. Also, I had to download it separately as AppStore tells that I need 10.15.4 minimum to install Xcode.

When I try to build for iOS, it says:

The Xcode iOS SDK could not be found. Please install Xcode (or use xcode-select to choose an existing installation).

Xcode is required by Corona and needs to be installed to build iOS applications.

Press the Install Xcode button to go to the App Store and get Xcode. When it is installed, build for iOS again.

Also, I see only grey screen in place where app should be in simulator.

I don’t really have much experience with Apple, I intend to use Mac only for building for iOS.
Do you please have any advice on how to set this up? Or is this setup just to obsolete to make it work?

Ok, I have Xcode now. For some reason it stayed in Downloads folder. Im really missing basic Mac concepts…

So… OK. It won’t be easy. You unpack the Xcode, then move it to the Applications directory, so you have /Applications/Xcode.app. Then start it, it would do it’s thing. If it still doesn’t work you would have to run a terminal command sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app or something

Thank you for reply. I made it work but only with old version of Xcode. It seems that Mojave MacOS is just too old to run more recent Xcode than 11.3.1. I will probably sell the Mac and just use MacInCloud.com to do my builds…

I’m not sure if you seen by recently I published a guide on how to builds and ship Solar2D iOS apps without ever touching macOS for free

No, I havent seen it! Thank you for sharing this. I will definitelly take a look.