Call Graph in Profiler - Issues & Wishlist

Hi, 

I love the concept behind the Call Graph but not so much its current state. Its a rev1 so I hope this feature can be improved a little.

My main problems are : 

1. Large app creates a tangled mess of a call map (see attached). I would like to be able to zoom in/out and scroll horizontally and vertically in my large call map as opposed to cramming the whole thing into one screen worth of space.

2. It keeps wiggling making it harder to read function names. Even if I pause program execution wiggling continues. 

3. Would love to be able to save this screen output into external formats (ie pdf etc) for reference and documentation. 

4. It would be great if I could click and drag a function circle to arrange visibility. Sort of like moving around connected objects in Visio.

Thanks for your consideration. 

@Ksan,

Yes we will be using another graph visualization library soon. Most likely this:

http://graphstream-project.org/

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Great! Will look forward to it. I love the idea. Thanks much for all the continued improvements. 

@ksan,

You’re welcome. Thanks for your support!

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

@Ksan,

Yes we will be using another graph visualization library soon. Most likely this:

http://graphstream-project.org/

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Great! Will look forward to it. I love the idea. Thanks much for all the continued improvements. 

@ksan,

You’re welcome. Thanks for your support!

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Ignore my other thread - I support this wholeheartedly. 

This feature is a great way to visualize your app’s flow.

I’ve found my mouse scroll wheel lets me zoom in, so that helps.

@ksan and marble68,

We will work on this as soon as we can. Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Ignore my other thread - I support this wholeheartedly. 

This feature is a great way to visualize your app’s flow.

I’ve found my mouse scroll wheel lets me zoom in, so that helps.

@ksan and marble68,

We will work on this as soon as we can. Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

We will be releasing an update today or tomorrow introducing a call table feature. It will represent the same information but should be much less cluttered than the graph. Regards, M.Y. Developers

We will be releasing an update today or tomorrow introducing a call table feature. It will represent the same information but should be much less cluttered than the graph. Regards, M.Y. Developers