Can anyone help me! Web page access.

Hello, I am trying to create a conversion application. In this application I wish for it to pull data from a currency website (such as www.xe.com)to produce a result for the user. I.e. £10 to ‘$’ dollars, here I wish to produce up-to-date currency conversions.

Thanks guys, 

Alex Underhill 

Normally, the web site would need to provide some sort of API to allow external sites to do this.  If they do not, then you might have to figure out some way to do it.  If they have a developer link on their site, then it would indicate that they have a way to do this.  You might need to pay for such a service.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have been looking in to do so but I am looking for help on the code to allow me to obtain results from their website but not needing the user to go onto it.

I understand.  And to do that, a site would need to provide an API to allow other sites or apps to access that data.

And they do, for a cost:

http://www.xe.com/datafeed/specifications.php

Okay brilliant! sorry I am a student and am not an expert yet :slight_smile: Thanks

You could also do a Google search and see if there are other companies that provide free access to such data.  There could be some out there.

I will do, thanks for the great advice

Alex

Normally, the web site would need to provide some sort of API to allow external sites to do this.  If they do not, then you might have to figure out some way to do it.  If they have a developer link on their site, then it would indicate that they have a way to do this.  You might need to pay for such a service.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have been looking in to do so but I am looking for help on the code to allow me to obtain results from their website but not needing the user to go onto it.

I understand.  And to do that, a site would need to provide an API to allow other sites or apps to access that data.

And they do, for a cost:

http://www.xe.com/datafeed/specifications.php

Okay brilliant! sorry I am a student and am not an expert yet :slight_smile: Thanks

You could also do a Google search and see if there are other companies that provide free access to such data.  There could be some out there.

I will do, thanks for the great advice

Alex