Thanks guys but that is not it. I did not use string:find() nowhere. I searched my whole folder.Any other ideas? I had all my code working until they changed and now certain things do not work.
receives a table as it’s parameter. You are saying you want to call that table “Scene2”. By most programmers convention, since that table contains information about the event, they tend to name it “event” or “e” for short. But like all programming languages you can name your function parameters anything you like. So you named this Scene2 and it is a table.
The storyboard.gotoScene() functions expects it’s first parameter to be a string, which is the scene name (the name of the scene file with out the .lua on it) and not a table.
storyboard.gotoScene( Scene2 )
Perhaps you should consider re-writing this to do (assuming you’re doing a “tap” event and not a “touch” event)
local function onPlayButtonRelease( event ) -- don't really need to use event in most tap handlers storyboard.gotoScene("Scene2") -- assumes you have a file named "Scene2.lua" and case matters!!!!! return true end
Thanks guys but that is not it. I did not use string:find() nowhere. I searched my whole folder.Any other ideas? I had all my code working until they changed and now certain things do not work.
receives a table as it’s parameter. You are saying you want to call that table “Scene2”. By most programmers convention, since that table contains information about the event, they tend to name it “event” or “e” for short. But like all programming languages you can name your function parameters anything you like. So you named this Scene2 and it is a table.
The storyboard.gotoScene() functions expects it’s first parameter to be a string, which is the scene name (the name of the scene file with out the .lua on it) and not a table.
storyboard.gotoScene( Scene2 )
Perhaps you should consider re-writing this to do (assuming you’re doing a “tap” event and not a “touch” event)
local function onPlayButtonRelease( event ) -- don't really need to use event in most tap handlers storyboard.gotoScene("Scene2") -- assumes you have a file named "Scene2.lua" and case matters!!!!! return true end