Can I mix java with corona enterprise on win32 build?

Hi,

I have some Java libraries that I want to use in a business app with corona. If I am understanding the architecture, I would need enterprise.
But I just want to make sure that it is possible to call my business functions.

Thanks
Herb

We now support Corona Native on Windows, but for Java, you would need to be building an Android app. If you’re building a Win32 Desktop app, you would create a .dll using Visual studio.  You can look at this github project to get you started:

https://github.com/coronalabs/plugins-sample-memoryBitmap

Rob

Hi Rob,

I probably am not being very clear, so I will try from a different angle.

I have an application that I would like to run on Windows and OSX. It is an image comparison application that also uses python and opencv.

I was hoping to use the powerful/simplicity of the corona eco system to create a unique interface for my clients

What I am trying to understand is the following:

Can I open networked images that are not in the sandboxed file locations by using either C or Java that will work on both windows and mac?

Thanks

Herb

It depends how you plan to distribute your app. If you want to distribute it through app store, you would have to deal with sandbox. Otherwise you can write any C/C++ code you want, put it in a plugin and use it from Corona/Lua. Rob posted and example of native C code plugin. You can also use Objective C alongside to request access to files outside of your sandbox on macOS.

Not sure about Java - you would have to bundle JRE yourself.

Hi Vlads,

I would be distributing directly to my clients, not through the app store.

I will have a look at the C plugin.

Thanks

Herb 

We now support Corona Native on Windows, but for Java, you would need to be building an Android app. If you’re building a Win32 Desktop app, you would create a .dll using Visual studio.  You can look at this github project to get you started:

https://github.com/coronalabs/plugins-sample-memoryBitmap

Rob

Hi Rob,

I probably am not being very clear, so I will try from a different angle.

I have an application that I would like to run on Windows and OSX. It is an image comparison application that also uses python and opencv.

I was hoping to use the powerful/simplicity of the corona eco system to create a unique interface for my clients

What I am trying to understand is the following:

Can I open networked images that are not in the sandboxed file locations by using either C or Java that will work on both windows and mac?

Thanks

Herb

It depends how you plan to distribute your app. If you want to distribute it through app store, you would have to deal with sandbox. Otherwise you can write any C/C++ code you want, put it in a plugin and use it from Corona/Lua. Rob posted and example of native C code plugin. You can also use Objective C alongside to request access to files outside of your sandbox on macOS.

Not sure about Java - you would have to bundle JRE yourself.

Hi Vlads,

I would be distributing directly to my clients, not through the app store.

I will have a look at the C plugin.

Thanks

Herb