Can "live Builds" be used with the Android simulator NOX?-

Hello,

Live builds are working fine on my Android device but if I install the APK on the NOX simulator it doesn’t seem to detect the change. 

Has anyone tried it on NOX before?

It must be a network setting somewhere.

Thanks.

Check out network settings. Simulator has to have local network up and be able to receive broadcast messages

Thanks @vlads.

I checked the settings on NOX. I can browse the Internet. I tried viewing the network settings and the only thing I can change is to add a proxy (not sure if that would help).

In Chrome, if I do chrome://inspect/#devices I can see the device on 127.0.0.1:62001

https://justpaste.me/0npf

Sorry for misunderstanding. Android device should be part of the network. You can try a hack. Edit “.CoronaLiveBuild” file, and fill in ip as your ip address, and port as something like 20605:

key = XXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX port = 20605 ip = 192.168.0.104

Note, that ip, is ip address of your computer running the build.

After this, exit Live Server (it’s in the system tray are if you’re using windows)

Then remove app from you sim completely.

Build and install the app. I got it working.

p.s. do not change key parameter.

Hi @vlads,

I think my issue is that the simulator (which is running on the same Windows PC as the build) is not on the same network.

If I type ipconfig in the command line, my IP address is 

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2

If I ask Google what’s my IP address, I get an address starting with 90. (I guess that’s my external IP from my service provider)

In NOX simulator, the IP address is

So I guess I am looking for a way to put the NOX simulator on the local network.

Since NOX is a simulator, it doesn’t have a real wirless connection, so it can’t be getting the IP address from my wireless router directly. So my question really is: does anyone knows how to connect NOX to the local network?

Thanks.

You have to hardcode your IP of your PC, not your router’s IP which Google sees. Getting it depends from Windows to Windows version, try searching for “Find Your Local IP Address”. This will tell live build to look for your specific computer. This attempt worked for me and I got Live Builds working in Android Simulator successfully.

Check out network settings. Simulator has to have local network up and be able to receive broadcast messages

Thanks @vlads.

I checked the settings on NOX. I can browse the Internet. I tried viewing the network settings and the only thing I can change is to add a proxy (not sure if that would help).

In Chrome, if I do chrome://inspect/#devices I can see the device on 127.0.0.1:62001

https://justpaste.me/0npf

Sorry for misunderstanding. Android device should be part of the network. You can try a hack. Edit “.CoronaLiveBuild” file, and fill in ip as your ip address, and port as something like 20605:

key = XXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX port = 20605 ip = 192.168.0.104

Note, that ip, is ip address of your computer running the build.

After this, exit Live Server (it’s in the system tray are if you’re using windows)

Then remove app from you sim completely.

Build and install the app. I got it working.

p.s. do not change key parameter.

Hi @vlads,

I think my issue is that the simulator (which is running on the same Windows PC as the build) is not on the same network.

If I type ipconfig in the command line, my IP address is 

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2

If I ask Google what’s my IP address, I get an address starting with 90. (I guess that’s my external IP from my service provider)

In NOX simulator, the IP address is

So I guess I am looking for a way to put the NOX simulator on the local network.

Since NOX is a simulator, it doesn’t have a real wirless connection, so it can’t be getting the IP address from my wireless router directly. So my question really is: does anyone knows how to connect NOX to the local network?

Thanks.

You have to hardcode your IP of your PC, not your router’s IP which Google sees. Getting it depends from Windows to Windows version, try searching for “Find Your Local IP Address”. This will tell live build to look for your specific computer. This attempt worked for me and I got Live Builds working in Android Simulator successfully.