Can Not build for OS X any longer, what happened ?

sent 10.82K bytes  received 48 bytes  21.74K bytes/sec

total size is 39.69M  speedup is 3650.69

Building: Processing plugins

ERROR: build command failed: cp -Rv “/var/folders/kq/m3zzrsj50w72rj_y2lb2d3tw0000gn/T/CLtmpV0q5oX-plugins”/* “/Users/rogerholmes/Desktop/BusMasterOSX.app/Contents/Plugins”

ERROR: with exit code 1 and output: 

cp: /var/folders/kq/m3zzrsj50w72rj_y2lb2d3tw0000gn/T/CLtmpV0q5oX-plugins/*: No such file or directory

ERROR: build command failed: find “/Users/rogerholmes/Desktop/BusMasterOSX.app/Contents/Plugins” -type d -empty -delete

ERROR: with exit code 1 and output: 

find: -delete: /Users/rogerholmes/Desktop/BusMasterOSX.app/Contents/Plugins: relative path potentially not safe

/var/folders/kq/m3zzrsj50w72rj_y2lb2d3tw0000gn/T/CLtmpV0q5oX-resource.car -> /Users/rogerholmes/Desktop/BusMasterOSX.app/Contents/Resources/Corona/resource.car

/Volumes/ssd480/lua_projects/BusMasterOSX/Icon-osx.icns -> /Users/rogerholmes/Desktop/BusMasterOSX.app/Contents/Resources/Icon-osx.icns

Building: Cleaning up

macOS build succeeded in 1 seconds

---------- Launching: ~/Desktop/BusMasterOSX.app ----------

2017-08-14 20:51:12.006 BusMasterOSX[11608:1802344] ERROR: Runtime error

?:0: attempt to index global ‘display’ (a nil value)

stack traceback:

?: in main chunk

---------- Finished: ~/Desktop/BusMasterOSX.app (exit code 11) ----------

Above could indicate that you are trying to access the display library in your config.lua ( eg. to calculate the aspect ratio )

This causes a crash on OSX but not on iOS.

Thanks, That was exactly right !

I am having this issue as well. This did not use to be the case with older versions of Corona. Is there a plan to fix this?

Hi, Ian.

Bug report was added to our internal tracker and will be resolved as soon as possible.

Is there a workaround for this or do I need to keep waiting for a fix? I cannot update my desktop versions until this is fixed or there’s a workaround.

You will need to wait for a fix. Does your desktop version need to compute content areas? I know it would be a pain, but you could have two config.lua’s one for desktop builds that doesn’t call APIs and a mobile version that does.

I’ll ask our engineer’s about the status of this.

Rob

Well, our desktop version uses all the same code as the other versions which is one of the reasons why we love Corona.

The config is the only place we calculate aspect ratio because we have to set the application.content values. If we didn’t have to do that in config this wouldn’t be an issue.

It’s messy to have to make another config and then have to rename them every time we make a new build.

I asked engineering to look into getting this fixed. I know it’s a real problem.

Rob

Hello! I’m glad to tell this issue should be fixed in latest daily build (2017.3169)

Great, thanks!

Above could indicate that you are trying to access the display library in your config.lua ( eg. to calculate the aspect ratio )

This causes a crash on OSX but not on iOS.

Thanks, That was exactly right !

I am having this issue as well. This did not use to be the case with older versions of Corona. Is there a plan to fix this?

Hi, Ian.

Bug report was added to our internal tracker and will be resolved as soon as possible.

Is there a workaround for this or do I need to keep waiting for a fix? I cannot update my desktop versions until this is fixed or there’s a workaround.

You will need to wait for a fix. Does your desktop version need to compute content areas? I know it would be a pain, but you could have two config.lua’s one for desktop builds that doesn’t call APIs and a mobile version that does.

I’ll ask our engineer’s about the status of this.

Rob

Well, our desktop version uses all the same code as the other versions which is one of the reasons why we love Corona.

The config is the only place we calculate aspect ratio because we have to set the application.content values. If we didn’t have to do that in config this wouldn’t be an issue.

It’s messy to have to make another config and then have to rename them every time we make a new build.

I asked engineering to look into getting this fixed. I know it’s a real problem.

Rob

Hello! I’m glad to tell this issue should be fixed in latest daily build (2017.3169)