When I try to record audio on iOS 8 ( especially iPhone 6 plus ), the microphone doesn’t work. I can usually record one word, and hear it. But when I try to record another word, the app seems to hang. I can not record and hear any other words. My app requires users to record audio so it is completely useless now.
I only notice the problem when I use the code below on an actual iOS 8 device.
I am able to reproduce this bug with your sample code available at
/applications/CoronaSDK/SampleCode/Media/SimpleAudioRecorder
By the way thanks for following up Brent. You’re the only person I’ve heard from regarding this issue. I am honestly debating either just scrapping my app completely or rewriting the app natively because my app is completley useless and I’m getting lots of complaints.
I realize audio recording is not critical to most apps so I understand if this is not a priority, but it’s helpful to at least have expectations for whether this will be fixed or not.
By the way thanks for following up Brent. You’re the only person I’ve heard from regarding this issue. I am honestly debating either just scrapping my app completely or rewriting the app natively because my app is completley useless and I’m getting lots of complaints.
I realize audio recording is not critical to most apps so I understand if this is not a priority, but it’s helpful to at least have expectations for whether this will be fixed or not.