Can you make your own picture taking app with Corona?

I just got into Corona and played with the capture tools.  I’m able to capture an image with the camera and save it.  I notice that Corona just makes a call to the existing camera app on my iphone or android. I’d like to be able to modify it to change the shape of the image taken (square like instagram), change the picture preview window (make it smaller so I can add graphics around it), etc.  

Do I have to just learn how to program Xcode and access the hardware directly or is their a way to make these things happen in Corona?

Thanks!

T

Hi @tordavis2,

Can you be more specific on what you wish to accomplish? Do you want to edit/crop the shape/size of the photo after it’s taken, or “during” it being framed up for capture? At this time, you can do that on iOS in Corona, but not yet on Android. As for modifying it after, that is definitely possible on both platforms.

Best regards,

Brent

Hi @tordavis2,

Can you be more specific on what you wish to accomplish? Do you want to edit/crop the shape/size of the photo after it’s taken, or “during” it being framed up for capture? At this time, you can do that on iOS in Corona, but not yet on Android. As for modifying it after, that is definitely possible on both platforms.

Best regards,

Brent