Cancel a weekly local notification

Hi Devs,

I have set weekly local notifications as reminders for certain activities.

Is there any way I can add a function, let’s say, where the users can pause/resume (toggle) those already set notifications any time they want?

It should work like setting up a new notification and cancelling an existing one. Not exactly a frictionless pause/resume like you wanted but that could work.

You should be able to use cancel for pausing and schedule again for resuming the notification.

If you refer back to the docs: http://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/notifications/scheduleNotification.html

This function returns a reference ID that can be used to cancel the notification. The ID is a memory address (pointer) to an object, thus it cannot be saved and it will not be available the next time the program runs.

Especially, I cannot cancel the notifications once the app is killed. I want to cancel them after the app is killed and launched once again. Is there any way to perform this action?
Sorry if I wasn’t clear

I know it’s not convenient and not sure if someone made a library or plugin for that but you can try clearing all notifications and setting them once again without notifying the user.

Also, it seems like an ongoing problem with the engine for some time now. Anyway, here is what I found on the forums:

Thanks @bgmadclown. Currently, I don’t think there is a way that Solar2D supports. The only way proposed in that thread is to clear all notifications and set them once again, as you stated.