Cannot get Tiled collision definition to show as Dusk physics

Hi Caleb P,

Thanks for the explanation. As you can see from my tile shapes I unfortunately need some kind of concave support. It’s been at least a year since I was working on this game. Embarrassingly enough I don’t remember exactly how I solved the concave problem. I probably just hardcoded several convex shapes to make up a concave shape. Pre-tessellation if you like.

I just found out that this is also possible in Tiled. It seems to be possible to define more than one (collision) polygon per tile. If you make sure all of these are convex, shouldn’t it (in theory) be possible to import and use these as shapes in Dusk?

Maybe something for 1.1? I can wait. I have enough other projects going  :smiley:

As I mentioned in the post above, basic Tiled collision editor support is coming in version 1.0 - this next version. This feature includes multi-element physics bodies with shapes driven from Tiled’s editor data. Dusk will not automatically tessellate polygon shapes, but you will be able to construct concave polygons by building multiple convex ones. Automatic tessellation might come later.

• Caleb

Collision editor implementation worked really well. I’m now importing the bodies from the collision editor and setting them on tiles as multi-element physics bodies. Here’s a gif of it. I’m kind of wishing I had a project that used Box2D just so I could use this feature :).

• Caleb

Great, great!

I don’t see the gif, but I’ll take your word for it  :smiley:

Any timeframe regarding when it can be possible to test this? Not that I’m in a hurry…

Sorry, Corona’s forum software coughed it up so I had to put it on DropBox. I’ve edited the post.

I’m in conversation with the Corona engineers about some final questions related to how to get it to users for testing, so when that’s done (potentially super short–say, a couple of days or so), I’ll send it to everyone who opted in to testing. After testing, I have a few wrap-up things like getting at least some semblance of docs written and it’ll be public!

• Caleb