Cannot Install Solar2D on Windows

Hello!

I have tried installing several of the latest versions of Solar2D, but once the install completes and I try to start Corona Simulator, I get the error that says: “The program can`t start because mfc140u.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix problem.” I’ve read several forums that suggest downloading and installing mfc140u.dll. Once I did that, the error changed to say: “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).”

So far, I have tried different websites and instructions for downloading mfc140u.dll. And I’ve tried several of the latest available versions of Solar2D. And now I am out of ideas what else I can try. Do you have any suggestions?

I have Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, x64-based PC

Thank you!

2 Likes

You are amazing - this has worked! I’ve Googled for this specific dll and tried installing it from several different websites that offered its download, but nothing worked. Once I installed from your link, this worked like magic. I’ve spent so much time trying to get it working. Thank you!

1 Like

Best way to get it is to install Visual Studio redistributable from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145