Cant build ios suddenly

hi, last night everything works fine…I can build my game to ios.
but today i tried to build exactly the same game, with same corona version, same mac, same os, same xcode version (nothing change at all)
it suddenly failed…with messages:

but if I remove the admob plugin from build setting, everything is working fine…

any idea?

Hello. I updated bunch of plugins yesterday. Please try again. If doesn’t work well fix it. And to help me attach your build.settings if possible, it’ll speed things up a lot

Hi vlads, attached my build settings

i tried to build using Corona 3649 and 3651…both not working,same error as i attached abovebuild.settings (2.0 KB)

same problem here.

1 Like

I can get the build to work by disabling AdMob and AppLovin plugins in build.settings.

sadly the admob and applovin are mandatory in my project

1 Like

Same problem here when building with AdMob. Was working fine yesterday afternoon but seemed to break sometime in the evening - guess that was when the plugin was updated.

1 Like

@rocky_limandauw same here. AdMob is mandatory. I simply removed it temporarily to test other app features on device.

Maybe the update included the newer type of rewarded videos! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fixed it on my branch. I can ask for a pull request. All you need is to add “JavaScriptCore” as a framework.

1 Like

oh wow … thought it was just me. Same errors today for me, All worked well yesterday, but this morning this linking error repeatedly for various apps I tried to build.

in one app, where I use admob plugin, if I REM the admob plugin in build.settings it builds ok, otherwise linking error

another app I have using Agramonte’s ironsource plugin just build fine - but was failing much earlier this morning. As he noted in the post above, he fixed whatever was needed to be fixed.

Well, I didn’t fix anything. My branch works but I don’t know if it would be appropriate to merge it since @vlad is using a library I don’t have for Admob (FBPromises) and is missing two that I do have. Also, the locations of the repo are different than where I have them (it does not build if I put them inside of framework). In any case, if somebody does a clean pull of the official version and just ads that framework “JavaScriptCore” to the metadata.lua file, it will get rid of “GADOMIDLightJSExecutor…” error.

I am still having the linker error. I was hoping to upload an update today, but currently I am unable to do so without disabling AdMob (not an option). Alas, agramonte, I am unable to use your method without more detailed instructions - sorry.

Anyone else still struggling with this? Thanks!

PS I’ve used Corona/Solar 2D on and off since 2012. Always, there has been interest in being able to select which version of a plugin to use to combat this very problem with plugin errors. Still, I appreciate that from the point of view of the development team, resources need to be prioritized. Best wishes!

PPS I’d love to check Discord as last time I was on there, there’s up-to-date information - more so than the forums. Alas, I tried to access it yesterday, got some bizarre “something is the matter” error message and Discord wanted my phone number to verify my account. Not happening.

I still have the GADOMIDLightJSExecutor error and I have the metadata.lua file open but I don’t know what to do with it. I’ll check back soon and hope Vlads has fixed it. :slight_smile:

@vlad fixed it. everything is good in the world.

2 Likes

I am late middle age and you are very kind.

1 Like

On a related note. I have created mediation adapters for the few networks that support bidding on Admob. As usual, you can find them here:

I currently have about 100 users on it (20% android / 80% ios). Just a few annoying issues so please test appropriately. Please remember these do not include the admob plugin you still have to configure and add the official solar2d admob plugin.

1 Like

thank you :slight_smile:

This should be already fixed.

I’m also having a “Linking error” related to appodeal SDKs as shown below:

Aug 22 14:21:54.964 ERROR: Builder failed: ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'SmaatoSDKBanner'
Aug 22 14:21:54.964 ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'AppodealMediationCoreObjC'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'SmaatoSDKInterstitial'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'SmaatoSDKCore'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'DTBiOSSDK'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'MyTargetSDK'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'SmaatoSDKUnifiedBidding'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'SmaatoSDKRewardedAds'
                    Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_DTBAdLoader", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMAmazonAdapter.a(BDMAmazonAdLoader.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_DTBAdSize", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMAmazonAdapter.a(BDMAmazonAdLoader.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_DTBAds", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMAmazonAdapter.a(BDMAmazonNetwork.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MTRGAdSize", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMMyTargetAdapter.a(BDMMyTargetBannerAdapter.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MTRGAdView", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMMyTargetAdapter.a(BDMMyTargetBannerAdapter.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MTRGInterstitialAd", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMMyTargetAdapter.a(BDMMyTargetFullscreenAdapter.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MTRGManager", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMMyTargetAdapter.a(BDMMyTargetAdNetwork.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MTRGNativeAd", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMMyTargetAdapter.a(BDMMyTargetNativeAdServiceAdapter.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MTRGNativeViewsFactory", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMMyTargetAdapter.a(BDMMyTargetNativeAdDisplayAdapter.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MTRGPrivacy", referenced from:
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MTRGVersion", referenced from:
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_SMABannerView", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMSmaatoAdapter.a(BDMSmaatoBannerAdapter.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_SMAConfiguration", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMSmaatoAdapter.a(BDMSmaatoAdNetwork.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_SMALocation", referenced from:
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_SmaatoSDK", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMSmaatoAdapter.a(BDMSmaatoFullscreenAdapter.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_TJPlacement", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMTapjoyAdapter.a(BDMTapjoyFullscreenAdapter.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_TJPrivacyPolicy", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMTapjoyAdapter.a(BDMTapjoyAdNetwork.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_Tapjoy", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMTapjoyAdapter.a(BDMTapjoyAdNetwork.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_VungleSDK", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMVungleAdapter.a(BDMVungleAdNetwork.o)
                          objc-class-ref in libBDMVungleAdapter.a(BDMVungleFullscreenAdapter.o)
                      "_VungleSDKVersion", referenced from:
                          -[BDMVungleAdNetwork sdkVersion] in libBDMVungleAdapter.a(BDMVungleAdNetwork.o)
                    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
                    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

The problem is that I only have the below appodeal SDKS in build.settings file:

['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
    ['plugin.appodeal.Bidmachine'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
    ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
    ['plugin.appodeal.A4G'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
    ['plugin.appodeal.AppLovin'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
    ['plugin.appodeal.FacebookAudience'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
    ['plugin.appodeal.AdColony'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
    ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
    ['plugin.appodeal.Yandex'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },