Can't get past the blank screen (no Lua errors in console)

I couldn’t get Corona Viewer to work. It displays a blank screen(with no Lua errors in the console) and whenever I reset, I’m getting this:

Jun 27 15:04:01 sekos-iPhone Viewer[841] : [ERROR] error closing file (file.cpp:27: file has already been closed)
Jun 27 15:04:01 sekos-iPhone Viewer[841] : [WARNING] ERR: DROPBOX_ERROR_BADFILE: file.cpp:27: file has already been closed
Jun 27 15:04:01 sekos-iPhone Viewer[841] : [ERROR] error closing file (file.cpp:27: file has already been closed)
Jun 27 15:04:01 sekos-iPhone Viewer[841] : [WARNING] ERR: DROPBOX_ERROR_SHUTDOWN: DBHTTPRequest.mm:572: Request cancelled.
Other than that, I can’t seem to have any other errors.

Any thoughts on that?

p.s.: That’s my personal account. I’m trying out the Corona Viewer with a Pro subscription and the latest daily build.

I couldn’t get Corona Viewer to work. It displays a blank screen(with no Lua errors in the console) and whenever I reset, I’m getting this:

Jun 27 15:04:01 sekos-iPhone Viewer[841] : [WARNING] ERR: DROPBOX_ERROR_BADFILE: file.cpp:27: file has already been closed
Jun 27 15:04:01 sekos-iPhone Viewer[841] : [WARNING] ERR: DROPBOX_ERROR_SHUTDOWN: DBHTTPRequest.mm:572: Request cancelled.

Any thoughts on that?

p.s.: That’s my personal account. I’m trying out the Corona Viewer with a Pro subscription and the latest daily build.

I have had that error too.

There also appears to be issues with Lua files that reside in deeply nested sub-folders. From  my testing at least.

Those errors are common when you are trying to resync a new project to the App directory. Generally if you do a Reset (from the app), it will run the next time. You can also try quitting the CoronaViewer app and restarting. The normal case where you are only updating a few files within the same project should be handled correctly.

I’ll do some more testing with subfolders to see what’s going on. My simple test case was working with .lua and .png files in a subdirectory. If anyone has a simple project that’s failing to work with subfolders, please submit a bug report with the zipped project.

Thanks,

Tom

I’ll try and create a test case and submit it. In my case, my Lua files can be nested up to 6 folders deep.

I’ll post back after more testing.

I tried all of what you said but no luck in getting it to work. Also, I don’t see any clear errors to say what’s going on.

By the way, I can’t see the Relaunch/Reset menu the second time after I Relaunch the project.

I’m now seeing that error after having the CoronaViewer work fine for a while. The sample I’m trying runs fine in the simulator but when I try to run in CV it gives me Dropbox errors, such as:

<Warning>: [WARNING] ERR: DROPBOX_ERROR_SHUTDOWN: DBHTTPRequest.mm:572: Request cancelled.

No code-related errors show up in the console. The app consists of a main.lua file and that’s it, no folders or other assets. I even deleted CV from the iPhone 5S and reinstalled and the same thing happens.

Okay, this is stupid – I paused for a few minutes to tinker with it and now it’s working. I deleted all my source code except for putting “Hello” on the screen and it ran. Then I did an Undo to get all my code back and saved it – and it all synced and worked like it should have.

The 4-finger salute doesn’t work, however. And even when it appears to work it usually crashes the app the second time I try it.

So, it’s kind of anti-stable right now. :slight_smile:

Jay

I get the same error no matter what I try: 

<Warning>: [WARNING] ERR: DROPBOX_ERROR_SHUTDOWN: DBHTTPRequest.mm:572: Request cancelled.

I have the same problem, all files like Classes\MyClass\myClass.lua produce an error as a missed file.

Yeah, you have to make your folders (and sometimes files) lowercase to get it working.

Oh,no. That’s a huge project. I think that will be fixed in the next days?!

I know, I had to do it in a huge project too.

But no, it’s a dropbox issue, rather than a Corona issue… A longstanding one too (with the way it handles files) so I doubt this will be fixed (by Dropbox). Perhaps Corona can think up a workaround though. :slight_smile:

here is a little bash script, what will do the filesystem part for you …

find . -depth | while read file; do NEWNAME=$(dirname "$file")/$(echo $(basename "$file") | tr '[:upper:]' '[:lower:]'); mv "$file" "$NEWNAME"; done

But careful, don’t use it in you HDD root folder, could be a big mess. Execute in terminal in the coronaviewer folder and you are fine.

But anyway, that’s not a fine solution all, I like my files separated by lower/higher case :confused:

Hope there will be a workaround soon! I will not use coronaviewer until there is an alternative way to sync. Its also annoying that it’s not possible to use the standard project folder.

In addition I use git, what contains tons of files which are synced as well. At the moment I have no idea to avoid this.

Any thoughts on that?

I have had that error too.

There also appears to be issues with Lua files that reside in deeply nested sub-folders. From  my testing at least.

Those errors are common when you are trying to resync a new project to the App directory. Generally if you do a Reset (from the app), it will run the next time. You can also try quitting the CoronaViewer app and restarting. The normal case where you are only updating a few files within the same project should be handled correctly.

I’ll do some more testing with subfolders to see what’s going on. My simple test case was working with .lua and .png files in a subdirectory. If anyone has a simple project that’s failing to work with subfolders, please submit a bug report with the zipped project.

Thanks,

Tom

I’ll try and create a test case and submit it. In my case, my Lua files can be nested up to 6 folders deep.

I’ll post back after more testing.

I tried all of what you said but no luck in getting it to work. Also, I don’t see any clear errors to say what’s going on.

By the way, I can’t see the Relaunch/Reset menu the second time after I Relaunch the project.

I’m now seeing that error after having the CoronaViewer work fine for a while. The sample I’m trying runs fine in the simulator but when I try to run in CV it gives me Dropbox errors, such as:

No code-related errors show up in the console. The app consists of a main.lua file and that’s it, no folders or other assets. I even deleted CV from the iPhone 5S and reinstalled and the same thing happens.

Okay, this is stupid – I paused for a few minutes to tinker with it and now it’s working. I deleted all my source code except for putting “Hello” on the screen and it ran. Then I did an Undo to get all my code back and saved it – and it all synced and worked like it should have.

The 4-finger salute doesn’t work, however. And even when it appears to work it usually crashes the app the second time I try it.

So, it’s kind of anti-stable right now. :slight_smile:

Jay

I get the same error no matter what I try: 

I have the same problem, all files like Classes\MyClass\myClass.lua produce an error as a missed file.

Yeah, you have to make your folders (and sometimes files) lowercase to get it working.