Can't get the new vungle working

Here’s what I’ve tried:

vungle.init("vungle", AD\_CODE, adEventListener) && vungle.init("vungle", AD\_CODE..","..AD\_CODE, adEventListener) && vungle.init("vungle", AD\_CODE..","..AD\_PLACEMENT, adEventListener)

This is what always gets returned back to me

table: 0xc416fe60 { type =\> "interstitial" isError =\> false provider =\> "vungle" phase =\> "adInitFailure" name =\> "adsRequest" }

I have no idea why it’s failing though, I seem to be doing everything the docs tell me to do. 

Side note: I would thinking that if the phase is “adInitFailure” that the “isError” should be true. Makes me wonder what other phases don’t set the isError to true even though there is actually an error. 

Hi @dmglakewood,

What is AD_CODE? Is that your app ID? 

Hi @dmglakewood,

I am Gabor from Vungle Integration engineering Team.

Can you check if your app is set to active mode? Currently we working on fixing an issue preventing us to serve test ads with the new SDK.

If setting the app to live mode does not work out, please contact us tech-support@vungle.com and include your app ID and we will work with your to resolve your issue.

Gabor

Hmmm… I too am having problems with Vungle. Build is 3086.

I have made no changes to the code at my end and suspect a Vungle server side issue.

I have used this for some years:

ads.init(“vungle”, vungleID, VungleListener) 

where vungleID is the string Vungle Application ID from the Vungle portal. The app is “active” on the portal.

I do not use any placement IDs and never have.

VungleListener is not being called at all and unsurprisingly no Vungle videos are being shown.

@dmglakewood - I have notified Vungle that their portal has been broken for over 2 weeks now. Please try the portal and filter by yesterday and filter by today. Swap back and forth between the two. When I switch between yesterday and today, I get inconsistent revenue reporting.

For now, I shall send the update to Apple and hope that Vungle fix (what I hope to be) a server side problem.

I have just checked an app of mine that updated on the Apple app store (August 2nd 2017) and Vungle ads are serving fine.

Both apps are using the same Vungle code! The updated app (August 2nd 2017) works fine, yet the app I refer to above does not. Vungle server side issue?

I’ve decided to hold on to the update until Vungle chime in.

https://support.vungle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000468771-Get-Started-with-Vungle-SDK-v-5-1-and-higher-Corona

Hello, 

Yes we have two version of Vungle SDK serving in corona, 4.1 and 5.1. which have different API because of Placement feature. 

We suggest to use the new 5.1 with placement which is nicely documented here : https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/vungle/index.html

Thanks,

Anna

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the reply. I have the ads serving just fine now using the latest SDK.

However, I still note that the dashboard is not reporting correctly. I have had contact with Chris Mock several times. As yet I am waiting for a fix.

The reporting error occurs when I change the filter. If I change back and forth between yesterday, today, last 7 days and last 30 days I get seemingly random revenue results.

Sometimes the revenue stays the same when I change the filter from one period to another. Other times, the same revenue is reported for an app (or apps) for both today and yesterday.

Are you able to reproduce at your end?

@Corona developers - has anyone else tried changing the “filter by” option in the dashboard and got inconsistent results?

Thanks.

Hi @dmglakewood,

What is AD_CODE? Is that your app ID? 

Hi @dmglakewood,

I am Gabor from Vungle Integration engineering Team.

Can you check if your app is set to active mode? Currently we working on fixing an issue preventing us to serve test ads with the new SDK.

If setting the app to live mode does not work out, please contact us tech-support@vungle.com and include your app ID and we will work with your to resolve your issue.

Gabor

Hmmm… I too am having problems with Vungle. Build is 3086.

I have made no changes to the code at my end and suspect a Vungle server side issue.

I have used this for some years:

ads.init(“vungle”, vungleID, VungleListener) 

where vungleID is the string Vungle Application ID from the Vungle portal. The app is “active” on the portal.

I do not use any placement IDs and never have.

VungleListener is not being called at all and unsurprisingly no Vungle videos are being shown.

@dmglakewood - I have notified Vungle that their portal has been broken for over 2 weeks now. Please try the portal and filter by yesterday and filter by today. Swap back and forth between the two. When I switch between yesterday and today, I get inconsistent revenue reporting.

For now, I shall send the update to Apple and hope that Vungle fix (what I hope to be) a server side problem.

I have just checked an app of mine that updated on the Apple app store (August 2nd 2017) and Vungle ads are serving fine.

Both apps are using the same Vungle code! The updated app (August 2nd 2017) works fine, yet the app I refer to above does not. Vungle server side issue?

I’ve decided to hold on to the update until Vungle chime in.

https://support.vungle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000468771-Get-Started-with-Vungle-SDK-v-5-1-and-higher-Corona

Hello, 

Yes we have two version of Vungle SDK serving in corona, 4.1 and 5.1. which have different API because of Placement feature. 

We suggest to use the new 5.1 with placement which is nicely documented here : https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/vungle/index.html

Thanks,

Anna

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the reply. I have the ads serving just fine now using the latest SDK.

However, I still note that the dashboard is not reporting correctly. I have had contact with Chris Mock several times. As yet I am waiting for a fix.

The reporting error occurs when I change the filter. If I change back and forth between yesterday, today, last 7 days and last 30 days I get seemingly random revenue results.

Sometimes the revenue stays the same when I change the filter from one period to another. Other times, the same revenue is reported for an app (or apps) for both today and yesterday.

Are you able to reproduce at your end?

@Corona developers - has anyone else tried changing the “filter by” option in the dashboard and got inconsistent results?

Thanks.