Can't publish updates on Google Play - No active admin error

Hi everyone!

I’m getting an error when I submit a new build. It wasn’t there 2 days ago and I don’t know why this appeared out of nowhere. Any help would be much appreciated.

I’m using 2023.3690.

(I only encountered it on Google Issue Tracker)

java.lang.SecurityException: No active admin 
ComponentInfo{com.google.android.apps.mtaas.deviceadmin/com.google.android.apps.mtaas.deviceadmin.DeviceAdminReceiver}
Exception Process: com.google.android.apps.mtaas.deviceadmin, PID: 3124
java.lang.SecurityException: No active admin ComponentInfo{com.google.android.apps.mtaas.deviceadmin/com.google.android.apps.mtaas.deviceadmin.DeviceAdminReceiver}
  at android.os.Parcel.createException (Parcel.java:2088)
  at android.os.Parcel.readException (Parcel.java:2056)
  at android.os.Parcel.readException (Parcel.java:2004)
  at android.app.admin.IDevicePolicyManager$Stub$Proxy.setNetworkLoggingEnabled (IDevicePolicyManager.java:15305)
  at android.app.admin.DevicePolicyManager.setNetworkLoggingEnabled (DevicePolicyManager.java:11627)
  at com.google.android.apps.mtaas.deviceadmin.EnableNetworkLogging.onStart (EnableNetworkLogging.kt:27)
  at android.app.Instrumentation$InstrumentationThread.run (Instrumentation.java:2209)
Caused by android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:
  at com.android.server.devicepolicy.DevicePolicyManagerService.getActiveAdminWithPolicyForUidLocked (DevicePolicyManagerService.java:3259)
  at com.android.server.devicepolicy.DevicePolicyManagerService.getActiveAdminOrCheckPermissionForCallerLocked (DevicePolicyManagerService.java:3155)
  at com.android.server.devicepolicy.DevicePolicyManagerService.getActiveAdminForCallerLocked (DevicePolicyManagerService.java:3136)
  at com.android.server.devicepolicy.DevicePolicyManagerService.enforceCanManageScopeOrCheckPermission (DevicePolicyManagerService.java:7218)
  at com.android.server.devicepolicy.DevicePolicyManagerService.enforceCanManageScope (DevicePolicyManagerService.java:7204)

This holds me back from submitting an update. I could really use some help :slight_smile:

What I did:

• I didn’t get any errors using Solar2D 2023.3690, 2 days ago. I published an update which is live. I’m just trying to push a small fix to how I call native.showPopup( "appStore" , options ) (Solar2D Documentation — API Reference | Libraries | native | showPopup)
  • Rolled back to Solar2D 2022.3685, the version I used before switching to 3690, issue still exists.

More information:
Listed under Stability as a crash and happens only in one device - samsung SM-G981U1

Device properties: 1440x3200, Android 10 (SDK 29), 12,288 MB RAM, arm64-v8a, it_IT(locale)

I haven’t seen anything in the test video but maybe you can see what’s happening so I’m attaching both the testing video and full logcat.

logcat.txt (8.0 MB)

I’ve updated to 3691 and this is the current testing video on the same device. What’s going on?!

Can you download the working apk and the non-working one and check the receiver entries in the manifest? You can do this by insepcting the app in Android Studio.

— Forget this. I don’t think it is the receiver on your end. It is the receiver on the other end. I don’t understand why, though.

If you are going to do the whole “accept this” then at least translate it.

This is not required btw.

Funny thing is it doesn’t seem to be crashing at all or if it crashes, it doesn’t seem to be happening in the app.

I’m not entirely sure about that. It actually rejected the new builds with that error.

That’s the message it shows on console: Errors found. Fix before releasing to production. and this on another page Update rejected

I don’t do this and therefore it is not required.

Most likely the rejection is for the errors, but that is speculating as you haven’t shown the console rejecting you and the reasons for that.

Remove that screen and I’m sure you’ll pass the checks.

The reason for rejection is the error message in the first post, listed under Stability as a crash. Other than that, I don’t know which part of the console I should share. I’d be happy if you could point me in that direction.

I believe you are referring to the privacy policy popup, right? I can remove it and maybe, I can get this build through but the issue here is that was not a thing 2-3 days ago. It can be a bug on their end but I’m a bit concerned that this could be something on my(or Solar) end that needs fixing.

It seems to be rejecting the update in my case. Probably because it’s a security error.

I did the last update with no errors in sight using 3690, the update prior to that was 3685 so I took my chances. Sadly, it didn’t work out.

Ok. Sorry I was less eloquent before, so let me try to explain what I see. You are requesting a browser to open on some random page. That receiving app (which appears to be a browser but not Chrome) is trying to do something it doesn’t have access to, or it can’t do. The error is not in your app.

I tried your app on the only two Samsung devices I have and on both, it opens in Chrome and I don’t see that error. I am going to try and uninstall Chrome and see what I get.

I believe that’s Samsung’s own browser. Looking at that video, it seems to be displaying an update notification which is causing the security error. Maybe automated testing devices doesn’t have the required privileges to update themselves?