Can't see current line in debugger when loading .lua file from subdirectory

When using the debugger, the current line where the program is halted is supposed to be highlighted - it’s pretty essential to know where you are. This works fine for me in main.lua but all my other files are in a “scripts” subdirectory. When I put a breakpoint in one of those files, it does stop there, and the local variables are correct, but it won’t highlight the current line.

For example, let’s say my main.lua file is in a “code” directory (so it’s /code/main.lua), and all my other lua files are in a “scripts” subdirectory (/code/scripts).

As soon as it hits a breakpoint (for example in my /code/scripts/screen1.lua file), it actually opens up a new file (/code/screen1.lua) which is blank, of course, because it should be opening /code/scripts/screen1.lua. I can open up my /code/scripts/screen1.lua file, but it won’t show the line where the program is halted.

Other than changing my entire program to keep all my lua files in the main directory, is there a solution for this problem?

I have exactly the same problem. Is there any solution for this?

any update on this? I am having the same issue

anyone?

I have exactly the same problem. Is there any solution for this?

Same problem here — pretty much makes the debugger useless until this gets fixed (unless you’re inspecting a single breakpoint, and even then, this bug makes it confusing). I’m going to submit a bug report just in case one hasn’t been submitted yet.

Same problem here. It renders Corona Editor useless for me as 99% of my code are in subdirectories.

Has any one filed a bug report for this?

Rob,

Where do we fill a bug report for Corona editor? do we just use the normal corona sdk bug report?

Yes, the regular bug reporting method.

Rob

any update on this? I am having the same issue

anyone?

Same problem here — pretty much makes the debugger useless until this gets fixed (unless you’re inspecting a single breakpoint, and even then, this bug makes it confusing). I’m going to submit a bug report just in case one hasn’t been submitted yet.

Same problem here. It renders Corona Editor useless for me as 99% of my code are in subdirectories.

Has any one filed a bug report for this?

Rob,

Where do we fill a bug report for Corona editor? do we just use the normal corona sdk bug report?

Yes, the regular bug reporting method.

Rob