Can't use font in corona simulator

The main goal is a device. So, this is not very big problem we have. it makes development process a bit slower, that’s it.

I use something like this 

local fontName = “GothicBold”

if (system.getInfo( “platformName” ) == “Win”)then

fontName = “AnotherFontName”

end

I need to use this because i see nothing on the screen with my font :slight_smile:

This thread is getting a bit long.  If I can summarize:

There seems to be a font issue on Windows 7, but not on device and not on OS-X. While I realize that testing in the simulator is important, perhaps this is one case where it’s time to move on and either:

a) Upgrade to Win 10 continue to develop and test in the simulator

b) Test on device. Not the best solution, but it will work.

If the concern is releasing Win32 desktop apps, or if you’re stuck on Windows 7 for some reason, then file a bug report.  The simple text example with your trouble fonts will do. If it works fine on Win 10, Win 8 and all devices, but not Win 7, perhaps the engineers can find a work around.

To file a bug report create a simple project that includes:

main.lua

config.lua

build.settings

your fonts

In the main.lua try to create a display object for each font that says “Hello World”.

Put all of that into a .zip file (no .bz2 files or other weird compression) and use the Report a bug link at the top of the page.

In the form that comes up, clearly state your problem. Mention it only happens on Windows 7 (if that’s really the case). Put a link to this forum thread in the post. After you submit the bug, you will get an email that will have a Case ID number in the subject of the email. Please post that number back to this forum thread as a reference.

Thanks

Rob

And it works? I dont understand what you’re trying to achieve with this code.

Is there a “fix” for this issue? I am also not able to use a font for a Windows build. Driving me crazy. Have tried everything from using real name, ttf, renaming, etc.
But the font is not working on Windows… not in the Simulator and not in a build. On Mac, Android and iOS everything works fine!

Any help welcome!

I’m using a font on Win 10 and Simulator 2023.3696.
Have you placed the ttf files in the root of your project?

I forgot to install the new font on Windows. Will do when I am on the correct computer again ASAP! Hope this helps!

Just to understand how this is working: When I am using a new font on Windows it has to be installed in the system first, to be included in a build?

Thanks for your fast help! Much appreciated!

UPDATE: This was the mistake I made. Now it is working! THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

1 Like