Canvas size - landscape mode

Hi,

I am having problems setting screen size. I have set config and build.settings but my canvas is always 320x480 which is default. I have set in build settings app to be landscape, but it is in portrait all the time.

Can someone post config and settings for landscape mode so I can have a look and test it?

Hi there.

Have you tried the correct value? As in:

supported = { “landscapeLeft”, “landscapeRight” },

Because I believe “landscape” is not supported. You must specify “landscapeLeft” and/or “landscapeRight”.

Can you post your build.settings and config.lua?

Rob

Corona: 2019.3468

Still not working. This is my config.

I have trues changing wid and height to many combinations, but I have all the time portrait.

config

application = { content = { -- scale = "adaptive", fps = 60, width = 640, height = 960, }, }

build.settings

settings = { orientation = { default = "landscape", supported = { "landscapeLeft", "landscapeRight" } }, window = { defaultViewWidth = 960, defaultViewHeight = 640, } }

Try setting the scale to letterbox.

Again, I don’t think that “landscape” exists.

Where you have: default = “landscape”,

try changing to default = “landscapeRight”,

Also, make sure you don’t have weird dimensions on the simulator.

Maybe it’s just a simulator setting.

EDIT: At least I don’t see that value in the docs: https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/buildSettings/index.html#orientation

Correct, there is no “landscape”, you have to use either “landscapeLeft” or “landscapeRight”.

Rob

ok, setting default to landscapeRight worked. thanks a lot for the help.

Hi there.

Have you tried the correct value? As in:

supported = { “landscapeLeft”, “landscapeRight” },

Because I believe “landscape” is not supported. You must specify “landscapeLeft” and/or “landscapeRight”.

Can you post your build.settings and config.lua?

Rob

Corona: 2019.3468

Still not working. This is my config.

I have trues changing wid and height to many combinations, but I have all the time portrait.

config

application = { content = { -- scale = "adaptive", fps = 60, width = 640, height = 960, }, }

build.settings

settings = { orientation = { default = "landscape", supported = { "landscapeLeft", "landscapeRight" } }, window = { defaultViewWidth = 960, defaultViewHeight = 640, } }

Try setting the scale to letterbox.

Again, I don’t think that “landscape” exists.

Where you have: default = “landscape”,

try changing to default = “landscapeRight”,

Also, make sure you don’t have weird dimensions on the simulator.

Maybe it’s just a simulator setting.

EDIT: At least I don’t see that value in the docs: https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/buildSettings/index.html#orientation

Correct, there is no “landscape”, you have to use either “landscapeLeft” or “landscapeRight”.

Rob

ok, setting default to landscapeRight worked. thanks a lot for the help.